Autopatcher updated Win7 but Microsoft says reinstall.

Requests for help go in here.
truffy

Autopatcher updated Win7 but Microsoft says reinstall.

Post by truffy »

I just updated 12 new updates last week from Autopatcher software, they were all installed one by one while I was watching the whole thing, but then Microsoft still says I should download and install those same updates again from their site. I even reloaded the apup updater software the second time and there are no new updates, and the Autopatcher software said there are no new updates to install, so what has gone wrong? Is it Autopatcher or is it Microsoft, or could it be my computer?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Autopatcher updated Win7 but Microsoft says reinstall.

Post by Whatacrock »

Thanks truffy... The reason that Microsoft Update or Windows wants to install again is usually to do with software distribution. When WU or MU update the system, amendments to logs are added, this does not occur with autopatcher. This does remedy itself in time as the detection of updates in question are added, usually if the update has been superseded.

You can hide these updates in WU/MU to make it easier to see when new ones arrive they will be the only ones displayed for selection.. There may be other members who can shed more light on this....
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
truffy

Re: Autopatcher updated Win7 but Microsoft says reinstall.

Post by truffy »

Thanks for the quick reply...I'm glad it's not my computer.