Application error

Requests for help go in here.
unyk13

Application error

Post by unyk13 »

I'm trying to download updates for Windows 8.1(x64). I'm getting an error that says one or more files has failed verification. I checked the log file. It seems MS has re-released the failed updates(quick google search). I'm a first time user. Please advice on how to proceed further. Thank you.
***Downloading Releases***

Files to be Downloaded: 2

APUP Failed To Download http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... 45-x64.msu
Return code: 22. Description: HTTP file not retrieved. The requested url was not found or returned another error with the HTTP error code being 400 or above.

Download queue processed. Proceeding to next phase.

Download error: D:\Apup_1_4_43\modules\Windows_Eight_1_x64\NonCritical\NonCritical_files\Windows8.1-KB3022345-x64.msu
File does not exist!!!

Download Error: D:\Apup_1_4_43\modules\Windows_Eight_1_x64\NonCritical\NonCritical_files\Windows8.1-KB3048043-x64.msu
File size does NOT match. Expecting 1435449, but found 1434091!!!
Attachments
apup.log
(2.57 KiB) Downloaded 377 times
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Application error

Post by Whatacrock »

It would appear that the download location has changed as changes made to the update. I will look into this and correct once I have all the data required.

Keep you posted and will notify once completed.

UPDATE: download locations have been found

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... v2-x64.msu

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... 43-x64.msu
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
unyk13

Post by unyk13 »

Thanks for the prompt reply.
I'm assuming you have to update some script file or do i have to do anything on my end, as i keep getting the same error.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

unyk13 wrote:Thanks for the prompt reply.
I'm assuming you have to update some script file or do i have to do anything on my end, as i keep getting the same error.
Hi unyk13

Yes, Wac will need to update the script otherwise you'll keep having the same problem. After the script is updated :arrow: update the release. It is patch Tuesday basically so give Wac a day or 2 to deal with the scripts that will need attention. Follow this thread or wait for the updated script in the list. Give it a few days.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@unyk13 --- I have corrected the script etc, now on main list once again, dated May 11

It is fairly involved updating the releases. The module files require editing or creating,once completed the script file is then edited to reflect the changes made.The release is then signed to make it "OFFICIAL" and finally the files uploaded to the server. Usually I test the download to make certain all is in order, and finally post in the appropriate forum that it has been updated with relevant information.
All this does take some time, especially at Patch Day time.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"