Download Speed

Requests for help go in here.
tseders93

Download Speed

Post by tseders93 »

Is there a cap on download speed for autopatcher? I use my sprint phone for internet (on the road alot) and have access to LTE speeds and I average 1.3 MB/s for downloads but am limited to <100kbps through the program. Any insight is appreciated.
ChrisJ

Re: Download Speed

Post by ChrisJ »

The short answer is no! What version of AP are you using, and how exactly are you running AutoPatcher? There are some bugs being worked out though download speed AFAIK wasn't one of them?

We had a conversation a few weeks back and ran some tests using APUP, AP should have the same code integrated, and I was getting pretty good speeds - see here - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1241&p=3918&hilit=d ... peed#p3918

I don't remember what version we tested but a friend of mine got a taste of AutoPatcher using his laptop that shared his phone wifi via a dongle plugged into a USB port, all worked fine, the downloads were averaging about 800KB/s, he seemed happy.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Download Speed

Post by TheAPGuy »

There is no cap on the speed as far as the program is concerned. There is the usual speed cap though... firewall/Anti-Virus, Network (your end), network (ISP's end), Microsoft servers, and Time of day (although that can be counting towards the last 2). The program makes use of curl.exe to download items. You could run a test with it.

Make a batch file and place this in it. Change the download (starting at http and ending at installer.exe) to something that works... this is an old batch I used to test curl's abilities with and is currently the same way we download items with. Now Curl is a dos console so you will see one pop up. IF you want the window to it to stay open, add the word "pause" in a new line after the curl statement.

Code: Select all

curl.exe -f -L https://notepad-plus-plus.org/repository/6.x/6.8.3/npp.6.8.3.Installer.exe -o "SomethingDownloaded.exe" -k
Of course also run the batch file from the same directory that curl.ex is in.