Updated User Manual since 2008 ?????

Requests for help go in here.
nospmas1939

Updated User Manual since 2008 ?????

Post by nospmas1939 »

I have just joined and I would love to learn the ins and outs of this software, but I only found an [almost] 8 year old guide.

Has this been updated or does it need it if the software has changed over the last number of years?

I am trying to use an ISO of Win 7 Pro and update the contents. I am running Win 10 Pro currently, so is it possible for me to perform this update/upgrade through Win 10 ?????

Thank you.
nospmas1939,
Central QLD. :?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Updated User Manual since 2008 ?????

Post by TheAPGuy »

The 8 year old guide has not changed because it is still relevant. There are some things that have not been added to the guide but, the stuff in that guide still work. I tried to maintain backwards compatibility as much as I could.

As to your question... Autopatcher will recognize windows 10. There are however, no scripts for it. We only have What A Crock to maintain scripts. He does a fine job with the large number of scripts he maintains. As I have tried to coax new people into doing... creating your own script is not hard at all. It just takes time and patience to create the initial script and then 30 mins or so every update cycle to update the script. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask. There are people here who will answer your question very thoroughly and probably answer questions they think you will have next (you know who you are).
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

If I may add my 2 bobs worth here, it would be wise to wait and see what Microsoft has in store with the way they distribute future updates.

From what I have witnessed so far it appears that even the Non Security updates will only be delivered by Windows Update, will all updates coming from the Update Catalog.
This would then in fact make creating any new scripts irrelevant, since no stand-alone installer download links would be available

Just wait and see what happens for May Update Day (May 10)
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
nospmas1939

Post by nospmas1939 »

Thanks to APGuy and Whatacrock for your replies. Keeping fingers crossed.

Regards,
nospmas1939,
nospmas1939

Missing files and modules???

Post by nospmas1939 »

I downloaded the updates for Win 7 Pro SP1 (x86), so as to slipstream them. I found 1 file which has me puzzled and it is: autopatcher.log which is 136 KB long and shows a whole stream of "Missing Files" and "Missing Modules".

Being new to this, I question whether this is correct, or is it the way it should be?? I don't know how to attach this file for your perusal.

Could you please advise before I start the integration????

Thanks.
nospmas1939,
ChrisJ

Re: Missing files and modules???

Post by ChrisJ »

nospmas1939 wrote:I downloaded the updates for Win 7 Pro SP1 (x86), so as to slipstream them. I found 1 file which has me puzzled and it is: autopatcher.log which is 136 KB long and shows a whole stream of "Missing Files" and "Missing Modules".

Being new to this, I question whether this is correct, or is it the way it should be?? I don't know how to attach this file for your perusal.

Could you please advise before I start the integration????

Thanks.
Hi nospmas1939 :)

I want to first say thank you for asking ahead of time the proper way to ask for help, attach logs etc.

A first run log can be quite large seeing as everything will be missing, updates, apm files, etc, so yes, generally speaking it is nothing to worry about. We ask users to post a second run or susequent run log to clear out all but problematic downloads. I don't know if your Win7 log is a first or second run log but after a second run of the same script if you still have numerous missing files and 136kb size - we need to investigate.

I would suggest running AP again, select the same script, this should write a new log file and if all is well it will be much smaller and hopefully 0 Files To Download. You also want your releases to be Official - AutoPatcher GUI or Release Info tab.

We always want second or subsequent run logs unedited to be posted for investigation. Open the log file in any text editor -> Select All - Copy - and Paste the contents into what is called Spoiler - here's the code:

Code: Select all

[spoil] Paste Log File Text Here [/spoil]
HTH :)
nospmas1939

Missing Files ?????

Post by nospmas1939 »

Thanks for your reply ChrisJ. I have to go Interstate so I will follow your instructions upon my return.

Keep well.
nospmas1939,