mdlShellExecute.executeCommand At Line 116

Requests for help go in here.
Presjar

mdlShellExecute.executeCommand At Line 116

Post by Presjar »

Hi!

I only started using Autopatcher today. Sorry if this is my fault.

Almost every time I run the AP Updater (when first starting the download or download process has completed) I get the error message: "mdlShellExecute.executeCommand At Line 116" This can popup several times in a row.

The process seems to complete, but I am unsure if everything is working correctly.

Please find my log attached

Thanks!
Attachments
apup.log
(43.1 KiB) Downloaded 371 times
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: mdlShellExecute.executeCommand At Line 116

Post by TheAPGuy »

That line refers to deleting the temp batch file created. Generally that means the batch file may still be running or you don't have permission to delete files.

As a side node... DOH! That section of code doesn't record errors to the log.

Putting out a new apup in a few mins...
it will report on the error "Failed to delete temp batch file! The batch file may still be running or you don't have rights to delete it."
I will add a 200ms wait before trying to delete the batch file. I do not know why this happens once in a while. Apup waits till it gets a process terminated signal before trying to delete the batch so this should not happen.
Added code in a few spots that would terminate going further if it reached an error processing external commands.
Fixed that long standing issue where the download bars would not stretch to the window size.
Fixed the text that didn't hide itself in the upper right hand corner.

Apup should look a bit more polished now. :)