Repair shop environment

Requests for help go in here.
P0t3nt1al

Repair shop environment

Post by P0t3nt1al »

Hi Guys,

Just went looking tonight for an option and found this product mentioned in a forum. The question on said forum was the same one I have, I am in a repair shop environment so when people bring there pcs to me, If I end up formatting them they then need to be patched back to current time, EVERY time each pc then needs to download every patch which sucks the net usage and takes forever. WSUS is not practical either so I am wondering about this product.

With this software can I download ALL the patches to one place (preferably my NAS ) and then with that on a shared drive update any pc that connects to my network. I have pcs come in with EVERY variant of windows so I believe I am in the right place :).

Also is there certain tricks to this software that I should be mindful of in an environment like mine ?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Repair shop environment

Post by Whatacrock »

@ P0nt3nt1al --- The APUP/Autopatcher is the ideal tool for installing updates to systems that require it.

The Operating Systems that are maintained in Autopatcher cover Windows XP through to Windows 8.1, in both architectures (x86 or x64) with an exception being Windows Vista which is x86 only.
There are additional packages covering the Extras such as Flash Player, Java, Microsoft Security Essentials, dotNet, Common Modules and some Office packages. You should find there is enough to keep you going. Each release is updated when necessary.

If you read several of the topics I am certain any questions will have been already answered, if not post and help will arrive.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Repair shop environment

Post by TheAPGuy »

In other words... YES... download all the updates... once. Store them where ever you will locally (CD/DVD or HD (external or internal)). Remote locations (NAS, Server, VPN, FTP, what ever) should be mapped to a drive letter to make sure there are no issues. There will be update to the scripts every update Tuesday for MS releases.