Autopatcher v6.1.32 can't download dotNet

Requests for help go in here.
rvicker

Autopatcher v6.1.32 can't download dotNet

Post by rvicker »

Just got the new Autopatcher v6.1.32 and it removed the APUP.EXE.
Now when it tries to download the dotNet packages it errors out.
autopatcher.log
(1.42 KiB) Downloaded 502 times
I've tried manually removing the dotNet files and folders then selecting dotNet in Autopatcher without any success. It looks like it is trying to delete files that are not there and erroring out instead of recognizing that either way the file is not there as desired.
ChrisJ

Re: Autopatcher v6.1.32 can't download dotNet

Post by ChrisJ »

rvicker wrote:Just got the new Autopatcher v6.1.32 and it removed the APUP.EXE.
Now when it tries to download the dotNet packages it errors out.

I've tried manually removing the dotNet files and folders then selecting dotNet in Autopatcher without any success. It looks like it is trying to delete files that are not there and erroring out instead of recognizing that either way the file is not there as desired.
Yes - AutoPatcher 6x has the APUP code built-in, there is no longer a separate tool to download updates - you'll notice a new window :arrow: Download Updates * Install Updates. APUP works in tandem with AutoPatcher 5.7.56 and older versions, otherwise let the AP6x script clean out your .\apup folder leaving only autopatcher.exe and all the necessary files|folders. This is a good reason to rename your AutoPatcher folder from the get-go to something other than .\apup - this could really confuse someone.

Permission Denied I think has to do with a system preventing AP from running properly, does AP have full access to your system, including Read|Write access?

I also believe that the "Deleting" you're referring to are "Pre-Actions" - see the .Net scripts. This release has had some major changes so there are numerous pre-actions (deleting, renaming, & moving are common) that are carried out prior to downloading the new stuff. If it isn't directly in the script it may be done from a .bat file. Either way, if your computer blocks these necessary steps a release will not download properly, or at all.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1.32 can't download dotNet

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well, I got tired of all the access denied crap and spent time on this. I redid the code on the way AP will make external commands. It took some doing... ok a lot since the relevant information wasn't easy to find, but it will make commands like the AP(.net) version does. Strait to the OS. With AP.net I can just create a process and run it in one line. Damn VB6 can't do that, it is 14 lines long. Ohh well. Anyways It seems to be working for me. The next release version will have this. It won't cut out all of the access denied errors but, it should cut out most of them. No more creating a batch file and then running it.