Division by zero

Requests for help go in here.
Hagnor

Division by zero

Post by Hagnor »

Hi,

Since last version, i have this message.

Can you help me please ?

Last log :
Files to be Downloaded: 716

In prjUpdater.mdlDownloader.processDownloadQueue At Line 0
Division by zero
In prjUpdater.mdlDownloader.processDownloadQueue At Line 120
Division by zero
Division by zero
Division by zero
Division by zero

Division by zero
Division by zero
Division by zero
Division by zero
Division by zero

Division by zero
Division by zero
Division by zero
In prjUpdater.mdlDownloader.processDownloadQueue At Line 175
Overflow
In prjUpdater.mdlDownloader.processDownloadQueue At Line 176
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Division by zero

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm yes... there are 7 or so divisions in that area... sorry to say... non of them have /0 protection since it shouldn't happen. :( However most of them use the same variable which in your case must have become 0 in some way. The math in that area is just to calculate current speed, time left for that file, time left for all the other other downloads combined given current speed.

You are downloading a large amount of files... can you upload the entire log?

I split that area of the code off into its own function and added some protections from the error. The next revision shouldn't be so noisy. If it still gets errors... (really it shouldn't happen no idea how your getting them (YET)) it will post silent errors to log file.
Hagnor

Post by Hagnor »

I have internet with optical fiber, too fast? xD
Okay I will contact you later (end of day) for logs
Hagnor

Post by Hagnor »

ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hagnor wrote:Log here : http://textup.fr/140377ye
Hi Hagnor, welcome.

Wanted to mention that a url is usually OK, better said safe, when provided by known active forum members, OTOH, clicking links from strangers can be dangerous, plus, there's code that's useful for posting log file text, see this topic :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=118

If the log file exceeds the maximum size allowed, shouldn't but it happens, attach the *.log file to your comment. You'll need to click "Full Editor & Preview" from the Quick Reply editor, then click "Attachments" tab.
Hagnor

Post by Hagnor »

Log here
Attachments
Autopatcher.log
(254.29 KiB) Downloaded 418 times
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm... everything looks to be in order except your errors. Have you tried selecting one at a time? It shouldn't make a difference but try anyways.
Hagnor

Post by Hagnor »

Hello,

It was a joke but ...
when I branch LAN I have the error message but when I go into WiFi (slower) I have no error message...
The software does not support a connection too fast? ^^ '
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hagnor wrote:Hello,

It was a joke but ...
when I branch LAN I have the error message but when I go into WiFi (slower) I have no error message...
The software does not support a connection too fast? ^^ '
You might be on to something here. I think when I used my local library's wifi, which is pretty fast (4+MB/s) compared to what I get at my house (dialup), AP 6x choked. This happened more than once IIRC..? Possible that AP is getting confused when too many files are downloading too fast, maybe somewhere in the verification stage. Option? - limit the download speed via a checkbox, or save verification until after all files have downloaded, or a timer to download-file-verify-hash-verify-size-wait-x-seconds-next-file. If a file fails it will be moved to a redownload que. This sounds doable in my head but may not be logical or sound programming :)

OTOH, I would figure that TAPG, Wac, DesertJerry, and click-click have pretty fast connections on average - depending on what constitutes fast. I've not read any mention of downloading a release too fast, only too much data (the 4GB thing) in a single download session - this I believe was resolved.

Hagor, what is too fast in your opinion? How fast are your speeds - just curious because too fast doesn't say anything about actual speeds..? I'm curious what download speeds the others average when downloading a release. AP may not be the best tool to use to measure speed accurately, possibly SoftPerfect's Networx tool (free, portable version) may offer more reliable numbers. Again, download speed may not be the primary issue here, it could be a user's machine is choking a bit from the workload, causing AP to puke too..? I'm thinking back to some of the stress testing tools that would ask a system to crunch numbers until it froze or over heated??? I'm not sure how optimized AP code is either. Does AP function relatively similar on various machines with differing specs? Can AP adjust to systems too slow or too fast, I'm not sure.
Hagnor

Post by Hagnor »

I'm French, my english is bad. I did not understand everything.

Too fast for me is 20Mo/s nearly (LAN). Wifi is 4Mo/s.

You have others questions ?