AP 6.1.37, 6.1.38 - "Invalid procedure call or argument" errors, Unofficial/Unsupported Release

Requests for help go in here.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AP 6.1.37, 6.1.38 - "Invalid procedure call or argument" errors, Unofficial/Unsupported Release

Post by TheAPGuy »

I can get the invalid error so now I just need to figure out why. Will have time tomorrow I hope. I am pretty sure its in the way external commands are executed. Seems that some things work with this way and others not. :(
Pendraguin

Re: AP 6.1.37, 6.1.38 - "Invalid procedure call or argument" errors, Unofficial/Unsupported Release

Post by Pendraguin »

Thank you both for your efforts :)

I tried some of the other modules yesterday, and got the error with the Windows updates; but the software under Admin Tools installed fine. I know those launch the apps' own installers. Perhaps that will help you.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Updated the Windows 7 x86, edit KB3045999 to use a registry detection. Tested and now displays as installed, DAMN some of these MS updates....

changelog: @KB3045999; +KB3081954; +KB3095649;

Give it a go and report back, interested in the results
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Ran AP - it downloaded 5 updates.
The INSTALL screen shows 3 selected under Critical:
KB2872339 - should be detected as Not Applicable
KB3045999 - should be detected as Already Installed
KB3070102 - should be detected as Already Installed

Clicked NEXT - well, we know what happens here lol (crash)

I just realized I'd been ignoring Recommended updates under the assumption that since the category wasn't checked, there were no new ones to install. But there are actually several in there. Will deal with these later (tried a couple though, and AP crashed.)
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Any luck on locating the cause of the crashes?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Yes I have it "fixed" per say, I just don't know why its working this way when as far as I can tell it should work the way it was set. Currently AP is set to call it as an app and pass parameters along with it. THAT crashes... WHY I don't have an idea. The fix is to call it as a console command in hidden mode and that works. I will post the fix as well as the revert for the detection within 2 days. I just want to keep poking it a bit more. Questions deserve experimentation.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Sounds good. I'm sure we'd all rather it was fixed properly than rushed. Are the installs for the Admin tools like Notepad++ called differently then? Because those installed without any problems.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well after some poking and the hint that you just gave me... anything that is an exe runs perfectly fine. MSU files do not. MSU files need to be called as a console and exe files need to be called as an application. What a pain, now I have to run a search for each execute string for MSU to determine how to proceed.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

CRTL+F MSU lol

Anything I can do to help?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

nope its taken care of in the latest release as far as testing proved.