New User Query

Requests for help go in here.
gilera

New User Query

Post by gilera »

I have downloaded 84 updates for my windows 7 64bit successfully. I would like to know where i can see what has been installed. They do not appear in the windows update.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New User Query

Post by TheAPGuy »

I am not sure if the update history will show updates installed manually. I know it shows auto installed ones though. If you want to see which ones were installed it would be in the autopatcher log as well as in in "Programs and Features" under "View Installed Updates" (sort by date so you can see the list of recently installed)
gilera

Post by gilera »

Already looked in there only shows previous updates installed direct from microsoft. Cannot find any new ones, the last update i had from Microsoft was 2015. I have turned off updates in services.msc because of the problem of it hogging cpu. This is why i tried Autopatcher and they loaded OK.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

wait... wow. So the update don't show as installed under windows 7's version of Add/Remove. Did you run autopatcher to see if it detected the updates as installed?
gilera

Post by gilera »

autopatcher fail.txt
(64 KiB) Downloaded 493 times
Tried running again, this is result. see attachment.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

The log was truncated and simply shows you downloading a lot of update it said you did not have.
gilera

Post by gilera »

Can you please tell me do if I need to have the Windows update turned on in Services.msc to install updates from autopatcher?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I would imagine so since, when installing an update manually wusa.exe will run. That is Windows Update Standalone Installer. (doesn't spell WUSA does it. Silly M$) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/934307.
I am not sure though.