patcher wont run

Requests for help go in here.
STOOSANUB

patcher wont run

Post by STOOSANUB »

Hi, having just upgraded my pc and having an OEM copy of windows I bought and installed windows 7 on a clean HDD for my new build, I have a copy of windows 10 via update waiting to go but it indicates my CPU is not usable (it is, i just need the windows update that corrects that!)

I'm running windows 7 pro SP1, not installed any updates yet, the windows update installer wont do anything it was on for 36 hrs and stuck on 'checking for updates' and I really need to get it fixed, so stumbled accross your installer and seemed exactly what i neded! only it wont run! I'm not a programmer or software savvy in any shape or form so not sure what i need to do. here is error report, appreciate any help as rteally need this pc updated now!

Autopatcher v6.2.10 Has Started at 29/10/2016 10:17:40

Starting Autopatcher From C:\Users\Lea\Downloads\AutoPatcher-v6_2_10

Checking if an update is already running.
Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1
Current Locale: English / Non-Unicode Default: English
Error Detected: Permission denied in Initilization.fileCopy At Line 106
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: patcher wont run

Post by TheAPGuy »

You need to right click on the program and hit run as administrator. This is so it can copy and then register the needed files to run over to the windows\wow64 folder. I will add that help into the log shortly file when it encounters that. It also needs to be run as administrator to run installs. It will not need to be run as administrator if your just downloading updates without installing them. First time run needs admin rights though.