Bypass Download/Install Screen

Requests for help go in here.
major4579

Bypass Download/Install Screen

Post by major4579 »

I'm running the latest version 6.2.13
I want to start Autopatcher and have it go right into the "Install Updates" option, instead of asking me if I want to "Download Updates" or "Install Updates".

I've looked through the forum here and I've looked at the commandline switches in the log. Am I just being dumb and not seeing the correct commandline switch to use; or is it a secret; or does it not exist.

Thanks for a very useful program!
-John
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Bypass Download/Install Screen

Post by Whatacrock »

In order to install updates you must first select the releases you require, that is place a check in the box next to what you need to download, click next. Relax and when completes continue adding until you have what is needed. Once you are ready to install then click the "Install Updates" sit back and take a rest...
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

There is one more option... you can use /unattend "Makes the process completely automated". This will auto install critical updates for the current detected windows(if you already downloaded them). Add on /minimal and the whole thing shrinks down to a single bar and a small description of whats going on. Add on /recommended and it will install the recommended installs as well. Check with autopatcher for other switches by command line by giving /? or /help
major4579

Post by major4579 »

@Whatacrock:
Yes I understand how to use the program, been using it for years.

@The APGuy:
At some time in the past Autopatcher and Apup were combined into the current Autopatcher. Previously when I started Autopatcher, it went through the building of the tree and checking the integrity and then displaying the tree of selections automatically without any user import.
With the newer version of Autopatcher there's another step, deciding to Download or Install Updates. Well I download a couple of times a month, but I install updates many many more times then that. And I'm lazy. So yes I would like a switch to select the Install Updates part, but not going full automatic.

I'm not complaining as I do like the program, just a suggestion.
-Marc
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

This is simple and easy to add. I am about to put up a new version so I will add it in while I am at it.

edit:
its up check the testing area. Just remember its a test version so it may be buggy. Rename your previous exe just in case this one does not work for you.
major4579

Post by major4579 »

Thank you! Will give it a try.
major4579

Post by major4579 »

I grabbed the test version (6.2.0.16) but it doesn't show what the switch is to go directly to the install tree. I checked running with /? and the log file. Did I miss it or is it not yet documented this way.

I tried /install /installonly /installupdates /nodownloads - so I give up...

Thanks again
major4579

Post by major4579 »

It seems more appropriate to continue this over in the Testing thread. In any case the /skiptoinstall switch does do anything.
-John