Autopatcher won"t start

Requests for help go in here.
DesertJerry

Re: Autopatcher won"t start

Post by DesertJerry »

Downloaded and extracted StartupWManifest - into AutoPatcher folder.

Double-clicked StartupWManifest.exe > Startup Tester > Press Me button > Startup Progress Here: Press Me > Error Detected - File name or class name not found during Automation operation in Initilization.PrimaryInit At Line 112 > OK

Starting Logger > !ERROR! > Press Me again > Same error message as above. Three times Press Me - same results.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

To be clear... Startup test program never worked for your windows 7 before this, right? ohh looks like it did work for you before. :(

BTW that error line is where it is reaching out to scrrun.dll to create a FileSystemObject so we can manipulate files/directories. (create/delete and read them)

112 Set FSO = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") <-- that is exactly how it is worded in MS help site if you look up "FileSystemObject" except I named the variable FSO not FS (doesn't matter what you name it).

Try placing one of the versions of scrrun.dll I gave you into the same folder as the startup tester application.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Copied each of the scrrun.dll's in turn into the APFolder and ran StartupWManifest.exe - same error message as previously mentioned.

Also tried with StartupTester.exe - same error message.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

ok.. I am going to give you a version that manually loads the library via my call to LoadLibraryA. see if that helps. That should bomb out there if it can not load that dll. Try startuptester2 last.
Attachments
StartupTester2.7z
Try this one last
(15.93 KiB) Downloaded 1093 times
StartupTester.7z
(15.97 KiB) Downloaded 971 times
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Downloaded StartupTester.zip and StartupTester2.zip.

Extracted StartupTester to AP folder and ran - same error message about line 112.

Extracted StartupTester2 to AP folder and ran - same error message about line 112.
Azureflame

Post by Azureflame »

Same, dumped the Bin folder contents into the main folder, ran Autopatcher as admin and it *appears* to be working. I was having a lot of recurring issues with WSUSoffline and I have users growing SUPER tired of waiting days for Widows Update to decide if it needs to grab anything. Really hoping it solves my issue :D
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well this app will get your updates and it can install them. Windows update will freeze the installs occasionally. When that happens just find wusa.exe and kill it. Make sure its its frozen before you do that though. To make this happen much less often turn off windows update and deactivate the update service. Then turn them back on afterwards.

DJ: I am sorry to hear that. :( I was sure one of those would do it for you. You are not running the unofficial SP on that windows 7 are you?
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

TheAPGuy wrote:
DJ: I am sorry to hear that. :( I was sure one of those would do it for you. You are not running the unofficial SP on that windows 7 are you?
Only running SP1 which I upgraded to back when t came out. Start > run shows: Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1). Copyright 2009.

Never heard of an unofficial service pack. Have had no problems installing all Microsoft updates.
RHoL495

Post by RHoL495 »

Thanks Too all you people for your Time and Hard work on this issue, This is the first time this has happened to me also,I installed Win 7 Pro w/Sp1 on a new WD ssd Hard drive, Followed the instructions of Post By: sgwtf Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:10 am. All is working, as of right now, Fetching Selected Releases. Again Thanks, Hope You and Yours are having a, Blessed Christmas, and Wish You a Blessed New Year.