Autopatcher won"t start

Requests for help go in here.
artemisevans

Re: Autopatcher won"t start

Post by artemisevans »

I was getting the same error. Copy all the files from the BIN folder to the main folder where autopatcher.exe resides. Then run autopatcher as admin. That worked for me.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Win7 w/SP1 64bit and all latest updates from Microsoft.

Downloaded latest version: AutoPatcher-v6_2_14.zip and extracted to empty folder \AutoPatcher > results included two folders: bin and translations and three files in \Autopatcher folder: apengine.rtiz, AutoPatcher.exe and Sweeper.exe.

Double-clicking AutoPatcher.exe results in nothing happening: no error message, no creation of log file, etc - NOTHING.

Double clicking Sweeper.exe > No errors to report, Files scanned: 0

In my case this is not a new phenomenon - I have been unable to get AutoPatcher to run on my Win7 system for months.

AutoPatcher 5.7.56 - in a totally different folder fails also: Some kind of error - File name or class name not found during Automation operation On File: \AutoPatcher.exe\autopatcher.log. > Quit

No problems getting either version to start in in XP Pro x64 or Win10.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

vkozak wrote:No joy. I pasted the command in the dos box (which came up in the C:\windows\system32 directory) and received: ERROR: Invalid syntax. Type "REG QUERY /?: for usage.
Damn my bad... I left off the /f

reg query HKCR\typelib /f "{3B7C8863-D78F-101B-B9B5-04021C009402}"

DesertJerry: have you tried changing the name of AP to see if its being blocked via name? Making a log file is the first thing AP does. If it does not do that... I don't know. The log starts up before anything else gets called even the OCX files.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

ok... here try this... The attached min-app does not need the OCX files and will search if they are installed by asking your registry.

Attachments
OCXFinder.zip
(5.22 KiB) Downloaded 992 times
vkozak

Post by vkozak »

thanks artemisevans. I successfully got it started. Now... Learn to use it.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

DesertJerry: have you tried changing the name of AP to see if its being blocked via name? Making a log file is the first thing AP does. If it does not do that... I don't know. The log starts up before anything else gets called even the OCX files.[/quote]

Tried twice - with two different names - made no difference - did not start and, obviously, no log file.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Tell you what... I will make a special one for you DJ so we can test some things out...
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

DJ, try this. This is the same code compiled non-native. Its smaller but, will run slower and eat more memory.
Attachments
AutoPatcher.7z
(127.7 KiB) Downloaded 901 times
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

TheAPGuy wrote:DJ, try this. This is the same code compiled non-native. Its smaller but, will run slower and eat more memory.
Downloaded the file, extracted to emptied \Autopatcher folder - found a single file AutoPatcher.exe > 464kb - double clicked - same results as previously: NOTHING happened. Renamed twice as per earlier suggestion - made no difference.

I'm assuming here I was supposed to run this version from an empty folder - not just replace the .EXE file from the previous attempt. :D
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

mehh didn't matter. If it was going to work it would have complained about not having the other files. Try the latest version posted in the testing area. If that doesn't work I will make a mini app that has all the startup functions and then let you pass in a switch like /startup1 /startup2 to see how far you can get into the startup before it craps out on you.