Autopatcher starts but gives errors on both download and install

Requests for help go in here.
vkozak

Autopatcher starts but gives errors on both download and install

Post by vkozak »

Hi All. I got autopatcher to start by moving all the bin files to the main autopatcher directory but now get errors when selecting either download or install options. The error log for the install option is log 1 and the error file for the download option is log 2. Thanks for the help.
autopatcher1.log
(18.88 KiB) Downloaded 1018 times
autopatcher1.log
(18.88 KiB) Downloaded 1018 times
autopatcher2.log
(476 Bytes) Downloaded 990 times
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Autopatcher starts but gives errors on both download and install

Post by Whatacrock »

@vkozak -- It is better to re-download the releases before posting a log. Your initial download will be full of missing updates and archives. A second run at the download should eliminate errors except those that need attention. Please download again and report your findings.

BTW there appears to be an issue with a dotNET update so will investigate and report back.
UPDATE: no issue with the dotNET update - file size and checksum match
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

yes.. always do the second run. First run completly fills up the logs with missing files.
Although the "Couldn't resolve host" errors are troubling. Usually on the users side though. Again they clear up on the second run.

Error Detected: File not found in ReleaseIntegrity.IndexRTIFiles At Line 112 <--- this error intrigues me and I will look into it. It should have listed the file it did not find.

edit: I found the reason it didn't list the missing file and corrected it. Next version release will have that patched. Where that error is though is puzzling. That is where it unzips the RTIZ and then tries to open the RTI file. If its missing... the name of the rti inside the zip might be different then the RTIZ and so that could be the answer however I checked the RTIZs that were in his log and I didn't see any issues so I am not sure. It could also have been a badly downloaded zip. AP can't know if the zip uncompressed successfully (because its unzipped via commandline) except to look for the expected file.
vkozak

Post by vkozak »

It took several downloads but it seems to have properly downloaded all the files. I continue to have the same RTI file error, however (log attached). Should I try a fresh download or wait for the next version?
autopatcher.log
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 1015 times
vkozak

Post by vkozak »

autopatcher.log
(1.51 KiB) Downloaded 972 times
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hold on vkozak new version coming soon... today... maybe.