Commercial Use

Requests for help go in here.
riksworld

Commercial Use

Post by riksworld »

Hi,

We have been trialing the Autopatcher program for a few weeks and it is saving us a lot of man power and bandwith on the network.

In the license agreement, there is no mention other then free use so I though I would post here and ask.

We would be permitted to use this in our operation to update our client computers, we would not be charging anyone for this as its our own clients.

All trademarks etc would be left and a link back to the author would be left in place.

Would this be allowed?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Commercial Use

Post by TheAPGuy »

Hello, nice to see the work we do is being helpful.

If you do as you say that shall be fine. As I am sure you are aware.. updates to the scripts are kept up by WhatACrock on patch Tuesdays or shortly after.(bless is hardworking fingers). Maintenance of the program itself is taken care of my me.

How would you use it for the clients? Will you just remote in and pass a script and answer file to AP? AP is designed to be versatile enough to be left on a NAS and then someone can map a drive to it and install updates. I would caution you to remove the ".RTI" files if you want to save network bandwidth since it will use the RTI files to MD5 all the updates for a tampering check. A coworker of mine actually burns the updates to a 8gig dvd and shares it to the network without RTI files. No tampering possible to the updates. :)

If you have requests or suggestions do not hesitate to let us know.