Trying to uograde Win7 to SP1

Requests for help go in here.
ic3cold

Trying to uograde Win7 to SP1

Post by ic3cold »

I am trying to upgrade my copy of Win 7 using APup but the problem is the latest release is for SP1, and I don't have it installed, so what can do?
After executing I only get 'Switch your APUp to www.autopatcher.net/releases.list
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Trying to uograde Win7 to SP1

Post by Whatacrock »

@ic3cold --- you will need to download and install Service Pack 1 before downloading the appropriate release for your system. Remember that the service pack files are large downloads and as such will take some..

My advice for Service Pack 1 is to set for automatic updates in your Control Panel and allow it to run, you may also get other updates as well. Once completed then proceed to download the required release plus the AP Engine as this is required to install the updates (you may want to turn off automatic updates before commencing this).

After this is completed start autopatcher.exe to begin the install process...
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I duno... for a fresh SP0 system... there is a lot of security issues to worry about. I would never let it get online until at minimum SP1 was installed. I am fairly sure it would be vulnerable to that one attack where it could receive a fake call for it to auto start an 'update' from the attackers server. Not that I am paranoid but, its just a precaution I take.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Expanding on from ViroMan's post, if you access to another computer download the service pack and copy to machine that requires it.

Provided below are the download links for Windows Seven Service Pack 1

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... 32-X86.exe
filesize=538 Mb

http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... 32-X64.exe
filesize=903 Mb
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"