can updates from an old installation be used as a source for

Requests for help go in here.
BludeuS MaximuS

can updates from an old installation be used as a source for

Post by BludeuS MaximuS »

I have an older version of auto patcher that I have been using for some time with about 40 gig of updates for most OSs but not all. I would like to upgrade to the newer version of the app and was wondering if I can apply the updates I already have to the new version.
click-click
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: can updates from an old installation be used as a source

Post by click-click »

The KB fixes you have are not dependent on the version of AP being used. All you need to do is update the AP engine and possibly APUP. The current stable versions are APUP 1.4.38 and AP 5.7.56
I'm not young enough to know everything
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: can updates from an old installation be used as a source

Post by TheAPGuy »

Click click is correct.
Get the latest stable version of apup. Choose the scripts that cover your chosen installs. Do a few at a time. Once your done downloading run sweeper. It will remove all the old updates that no longer apply that might have been missed by the scripts. Sweeper will ask you if it can delete items, If you say yes it will delete. If you click no it will just provide you with a list of things that you can go though to see if there is anything in there you might want to move. Sweeper WILL remove anything that is NOT specified in rti(z) files. So if you have custom scripts or items in the modules directory they will be removed.