Hardware drivers for windowsXP

Requests for help go in here.
rvkumar

Hardware drivers for windowsXP

Post by rvkumar »

Windows Update webpage offers updating hardware drivers.

Does APUP allow such updates?

If not, will you please add hardware updates to APUP script OR suggest how to get them and save on disk for future use?
Time is running out!

Thanks.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Hardware drivers for windowsXP

Post by Whatacrock »

APUP does not offer hardware drivers.. these are dependent on your system hardware configuration making it difficult for creating apm modules.

Will check out this and see what hardware drivers can be located, but don't hold your breath..

UPDATE: have checked the update history in my Win XP and the hardware updates are not listed making the task extremely difficult, and so at this stage I would have to say a big NO for these to be included

My advice is to download the latest drivers that are required for your hardware and store them in a very safe place..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
rvkumar

Post by rvkumar »

Thank you.

But, I don't know where to find them. Pl understand I am a computer user only - not a technical person.

This is what I had tried in the past:

1- I changed auto update settings to "download updates but do not install"
2- then I checked the %TEMP% for the files in the folder (with time stamp) so as not to miss any new files.
3- I found none!

I wish Microsoft wasn't so secretive in such matters.

Please help in getting from Microsoft sites.

Thanks.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

go here...

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/home.aspx
This is windows catalog of updates. It uses Internet Explorer only. Search for the hardware you have installed. You can manually download any driver and update you want.

Using this we could technically put together a script for updated drivers. It would be a ton of work though and I mean a ton. More so then any script we have. So... its not really worth it.

If your not worried about detecting things and just want to download the drivers and install them you can have apup & autopatcher do that easy yourself. Creating your own script and apm is easy once you read the documentation on it.
rvkumar

Post by rvkumar »

Thanks for the link, ViroMan!
I got all I needed from there.

I can't create my script :-(