AutopatcherUpdater application error

Requests for help go in here.
Peadar

AutopatcherUpdater application error

Post by Peadar »

I run apup.exe, select what I want to / keep the last selection, press next, and then I get the following prompt:

[Application Error]
Permission denied
In prjUpdater.mdlShellExecute.executeCommand At Line 116
{OK}

up to 10 times in a row.
Then the thing gets working, and when it's finished, it says:

[Verification Failed]
One or more files has failed verification. Please re-run AutoPatcher Updater.
If this problem persists, please report to the forums at autopatcher.net.
{OK}

(which I hereby do). Then there are usually a couple of 'Line 116' errors before (or even after) I get to press the 'Finish' button. And this scenario repeats time after time and time again.
Help appreciated :|
Attachments
apup.log
(47.48 KiB) Downloaded 715 times
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AutopatcherUpdater application error

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm... this is the second person who has script issues possibly related to the tweaks script... gana have to check them out.

edit:
Checks out fine...
Then I noticed something....
"C:\Documents and Settings\'\Pulpit" Your running this from a folder with non standard symbols in its path. This may be a problem. Try moving everything to a proper folder. Such as C:\Apup or where ever as long as it doesn't have symbols in the path.

also... "Current Locale: Polish / Non-Unicode Default: Polish"
HA! First person to use non standard English and report about it. Does everything look proper to you? I mean grammar and such?

"Date & Time: 11-kwi-2014 22:28 UTC Offset: 1"

The date looks... Bad to me... or is it just the first three letters of the polish version of April?

So the order of things to try:
1) try moving apup directory to the root of c:\
2) Try downloading one thing at a time if the first one doesn't fix your problem.
3) Make sure to read all the text and tell me if things don't read right or are not understandable.

Edit2:
I finally noticed something... your downloading TWO versions of XP... DON'T. Only download ONE of them... your getting cross downloads and things are getting re-downloaded over each other. The Italian version has NOT been maintained in 3 years. Domenico our resident Italian has dropped off the project as of late. Too much work at well... work. I recommend you download only the English version as it has updates that may apply to you. I guarantee half of the updates you get from the old Italian script are out of date.
Peadar

Post by Peadar »

Ouch! I should've thought about the symbol thing, I've already had problems of this type (e.g. a media file with a Western European diacritic, say à, in the name would play in WMP but not in IrfanView). Moving the directory cut the number of 'Line 116' warnings down to ~2, and they're caused by .NET Framework Addon Pack (x86). (Its download is OK, however).
In the Verification Failed category, the winner is KB2850085, a part of AutoPatcher Office 2007 SP3.
The 'kwi' indeed stands for `kwiecień`, Polish for 'April', from `kwiat`, 'flower'. Only 'mar(zec)' and 'maj' would've been meaningful to you. (Funnily enough, Russians, the easternmost Slavs, use only Latin month names nowadays, borrowed from Greek through Old Church Slavonic). This seems to be the only Polish interference in the logs.
As for having two XP SP4 version, thank you for drawing my attention to the release date of the Italian one; I downloaded both version just in case and missed this (rather important) detail. However, it wasn't part of the original problem, as I ticked the Italian version only after several goes and it didn't make things any better or worse.
Thank you for help!
Attachments
(outlook) apup.log
(2.33 KiB) Downloaded 727 times
(net) apup.log
(4.71 KiB) Downloaded 675 times
wncol2004

Post by wncol2004 »

Seams another issue has cropped up. I think we can plant this fault firmly on the shoulders of Microsoft.
I get a verification failed message when downloading updates for Office 2007 SP3.
This one is ...file not found...issue.
Seams the file the autopatcher is trying to download is not available.
I tried searching for it on the Microsoft site and found a page talking about it with a download option and when I click that download..it to reports it is not available.
The item is "Update 2881065 for Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter June 10, 2014"
Here is the bit of the log that pertains to that specific file.

-----Snippet of the log-----------------------------------------------------------
***Starting Detection Routine Phase***

Missing file C:\AutoPatcher\modules\Office2007\OfficeFiles\outlfltr2007-kb2881065-fullfile-x86-glb.exe
Item Outlook Email Filter (KB2881065) 06/02/2014 is missing or its parts are not completely downloaded. Adding whole download for this item to the queue.
--Adding http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... -glb.exe--

***Downloading Releases***

Files to be Downloaded: 1

APUP Failed To Download http://download.microsoft.com/download/ ... 86-glb.exe
Return code: 22. Description: HTTP file not retrieved. The requested url was not found or returned another error with the HTTP error code being 400 or above.

Download queue processed. Proceeding to next phase.

Download error: C:\AutoPatcher\modules\Office2007\OfficeFiles\outlfltr2007-kb2881065-fullfile-x86-glb.exe
File does not exist!!!

***Processing Cleanup Routines***
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Thanks for the info wncool2004, have updated the Office 2007 SP3 release and uploaded to the server.

This latest update supersedes KB2883097, which was missed by all, you may need to download this before applying KB2889914.

Download info provided:

Update for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 Junk Email Filter (KB2883097)
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... x?id=43914

so changelog: -KB2881065; +KB2889914;
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

wth??? The two files provided by peader have been downloaded 219 times?? Silly bots.