Windows 10

Suggestions for future improvements, adding to scripts, or adding new scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Windows 10

Post by TheAPGuy »

I have thrown in the version information. I would like one more report of the Windows 10 version report just to make sure before I roll out the minor update.
andy265

Post by andy265 »

Here's another:

Code: Select all

Stuff Will Show Here
Calling WMI Service...
Operating System Full Name = Microsoft Windows 10 Home
Operating System Major Version = 10
Operating System Minor Version = 0
Operating System SP = 0
Detected CPU Type = x64
Guessing Windows Version With Given System Major/Minor Version Data
Unable To Guess Windows Version With Given Major/Minor Version Data
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Alrighty then.
Anyone creating modules for Windows ten should use TEN, TEN_X64, or TEN_X86.

Will post new version here... give it a try and tell me if it detected your OS properly. If it had to guess your OS was win 10 you should see something like this...

Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows ?10? x64

Attached is just AP. If there are no problems I will make it official.
andy265

Post by andy265 »

"Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 10 Home x64"

Works for me.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I hope we don't go back to the days where windows pro had updates that home did not.
DCS78

Post by DCS78 »

I spent a fair amount of time working on scripts but am unable to test them properly from my free host. Is there a way to use a local release list?
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

yes. You could also do the same thing me and wac did for a while. just upload the stuff to a dropbox and then edit the scripts to point to it.

For local release lists its "listfile" so it would be "Autopatcher.exe /listfile:app\WhatEverLocationIPutMyListIn\TheListOnMyHDD.list"

For local scripts is is "localscript" so it would be "Autopatcher.exe /localscript:app\WhatEverLocationIPutMyScrpitIn\TheScriptOnMyHDD.script" <-- when it reads in "app" it will swap that out for the directory autopatcher is in

Might I also ask why its not working for you and your free host?
DCS78

Post by DCS78 »

Partially because every file uploaded is appended with their advert code. Though I just added an extra return line and the code no longer stops the process only throws errors and write a lot of junk javascript to the log.

I'll try dropbox.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

TheAPGuy wrote:For local release lists its "listfile" so it would be "Autopatcher.exe /listfile:app\WhatEverLocationIPutMyListIn\TheListOnMyHDD.list"

So if I have a test list here -- C:\MyPrograms\AP.Suite\Lists\test.list
...would this be correct? -> Autopatcher.exe /listfile:app\C:\MyPrograms\AP.Suite\Lists\test.list
TheAPGuy wrote:For local scripts is is "localscript" so it would be "Autopatcher.exe /localscript:app\WhatEverLocationIPutMyScrpitIn\TheScriptOnMyHDD.script" <-- when it reads in "app" it will swap that out for the directory autopatcher is in
I have my test script here -- C:\MyPrograms\AP.Suite\Scripts\test.script
...would this be correct? -> Autopatcher.exe /localscript:app\C:\MyPrograms\AP.Suite\Scripts\test.script

If running with other switches, does it matter for performance or buginess reasons to have the list or script switch before or after the others, say,
-- /nolicense /verbose /...test.list
-- /...test.script /nolicense /verbose

Are there switches to avoid when running a local list or script file?

It would be really nice to see both of these features available in the Options dialog rather than the cumbersome /switcheroo :)

Edit: Yucky=Color
Last edited by ChrisJ on Sat Aug 29, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

HA... looks like both the test abilities are broken in AP 6.0. :( Fixed.

BTW correction on the use of localscript and listfile. use "app:" instead of just "app".

Some background information on how AP uses the : to tell the difference between a replacement variable and just text. Variables that get replaced after reading have a : at the end.
autopatcher: <- this application's directory
app: <- this application's directory
windows: <- windows directory
system: <- system directory
system32: <- system32 directory
system64: <- wow64 directory ( this defaults to system32 if on a x86 OS )
temp: <- where ever your temp directory is ( location varies by OS and if you have manually set it ).

These variables can be in the command line as well as in scripts, APM's, and lists. You can make a list that loads scripts from your network... although I have not tested that.

So for ChrisJ's example you would write Autopatcher.exe /listfile:C:\MyPrograms\AP.Suite\Lists\test.list
You only need "app:" if your list is within reach of APs current folder. "Autopatcher.exe /listfile:app:\MyLists\test.list" which translates out to C:\Autopatchers\Win7x64\MyLists\test.list in my case since the app would run from C:\Autopatchers\Win7x64
similar results for localscript.

You should not use both listfile and localscript. Otherwise there will not be any other problem with the order of when the commands are listed. When the programs load up the first thing it does is initialize logging ability and then read command line. If there is report it please.

I opted to leave the test list/script feature out of the options area as it could lead to confusion on the users part on what is going on there. This of course was before there was a front screen to stop from going strait into download scripts mode. I will think about adding it to the .net version.

Getting close to done on the .NET version by the way. All screens are looking proper. Just got to figure out one last bug. Some kind of download bug where it will download the release list. Download the scripts. Download a couple of files and then just stop accepting download requests. It seems to be on the API side. Since my code is making requests to the api but, the api just hangs there not downloading. :(

I will release the newest version of AP after I get some sleep. I will run a few tests on it then release once I get some sleep. 19hrs up WOOOHOOO!