Sweeper 1310

Suggestions for future improvements, adding to scripts, or adding new scripts.
ChrisJ

Sweeper 1310

Post by ChrisJ »

Is Sweeper 1.3.10 safe to add to the AP_6_1_25.zip archive, still extracts 1.3.8. I've been replacing 1.3.8 with 1.3.9. I generally run Sweeper in Test mode and remove files manually - if needed. I must have completely forgot about 1.3.10, just downloaded it - hope it works with AP6125 :mrgreen:

Oh, there might be an extra folder in AP6124 & 6124 zips, ...\tools\apme56

:arrow: 400KB saved if not needed
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sweeper 1310

Post by TheAPGuy »

Yes sweeper 1.3.10 is safe. I forgot to overwrite the other versions in the other directories with the newer version so when I made the zip it was using the older one still.
Oh, there might be an extra folder in AP6124 & 6124 zips, ...\tools\apme56
Ha... its the APM editor code. ohh whell. yes don't need that.
ChrisJ

Re: Sweeper 1310

Post by ChrisJ »

Cool.

Sweeper finally responded and remembered I had resized it, when I ran it for a quick run today it was bigger than normal - it caught me off guard. I don't recall the thread but I had remembered you'd mentioned ap.ini saving the sweep h&w settings, well it finally did - very nice, thank you.

I must have run sw1310 20 times with ap 6124, 6125, & 6127 (same folder, ini etc, swapped only ap.exe when updating), don't know under what circumstances the ini writes and saves the settings but it did eventually - I likey :ugeek:

You had some musings in another thread:
Vman, APdude wrote: Also... I forgot to mention... The reason you have to scan all RTI(z)s in one go, is when your looking for extra files, everything you didn't select to scan, will be classified as an extra file for deletion.

Now its possible to have sweeper have different modes you can select, say like Verify or Sweep. In Verify you could select a specific rti(z) (or all) to only check whether files exist and are proper (The new TEST mode?). While in Sweep you get "the works."
I still like the idea of being able to select some or all releases in AP & Sweeper. Sweeper could write to the log noting what RTIs were scanned and the usual followup about the releases. The rest of the RTIs could be noted as Detected (but Unverified) with a message to please make sure any release is Official before installing.

AP could work similarly with unverified releases as it does with incompatible releases - gray them out. When you run AP a dialog or screen will give you the option of selecting all release (top of list) or specific releases (selected via checkbox). The releases selected will scan as usual, the others will load but be grayed-out (for safety) if their compatible. The Official/Unofficial code may need niggling so as to show Official for selected items that are Official - and ignoring the others doesn't wig out AP.

Possible - the AP ini could store Show/Hide Unverified similiar to the settings for Incompatible (Hidden) releases.

Some thoughts is all :ugeek: