Windows 10

Suggestions for future improvements, adding to scripts, or adding new scripts.
Magmarock

Windows 10

Post by Magmarock »

I'm supposed that this issue hasn't been asked and if it has I haven't managed to find it. So yeah any plans to bring autopatcher to Windows 10. Lord knows we'll need it.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Windows 10

Post by Whatacrock »

So Magmarock, are you offering to build the release for this ?

This release will need to be created and maintained by someone other than myself. I drew the line at Windows 8.1, plus now that Click-Click has retired from the dotNET, am acting as interim maintainer until a volunteer puts their hand up. With that said I'm not holding my breathe, calls for volunteers appears to fall on deaf ears and or blind eyes as well.

SO PEOPLE, IF YOU WANT WINDOWS TEN ADDED TO AUTOPATCHER, CONSIDER BECOMING A VOLUNTEER AND HELP YOURSELF AS WELL AS YOUR FELLOW MAN (OR WOMAN) KEEP THIS GOING STRONG....

Contact either TheAPGuy, Click-Click or myself
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well that came across a bit harsh and understandably so but, what he says stands true. Whatacrock is the only person keeping the scripts up to date. Its not really that difficult for someone to take a script off of his hands and make updates to it. Its just a lot for Whatacrock to do since there are soo many scripts to maintain. Each apm takes a few minutes to create and then a few more to test and then make changes. Then multiply that by the number of downloads per script. You see it adds up to a lot of time. Its fairly easy work, its just time consuming.

I will add support for windows 10 into AP shortly (this week) but, I know that wac will not be interested in making a script for it.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

It may have come across a bit harsh, but the number of times the subject of creating or maintaining a release arises, silence blankets the responses.
I don't mind that currently I'm acting as the "LONEWOLF" maintainer, but am certain that there are members that are quite capable of said task. There will come a time that I will not be able to continue the task...
As Click-Click posted, maintaining a release is NOT Rocket Science nor is it Brain Surgery, so consider offering some spare time to help out.

Any help that you will require in undertaking will be provided, hints download links etc. You will not be alone, nor left in the dark.
Enough said by me .....
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Magmarock

Post by Magmarock »

Whatacrock wrote:So Magmarock, are you offering to build the release for this ?

This release will need to be created and maintained by someone other than myself. I drew the line at Windows 8.1, plus now that Click-Click has retired from the dotNET, am acting as interim maintainer until a volunteer puts their hand up. With that said I'm not holding my breathe, calls for volunteers appears to fall on deaf ears and or blind eyes as well.

SO PEOPLE, IF YOU WANT WINDOWS TEN ADDED TO AUTOPATCHER, CONSIDER BECOMING A VOLUNTEER AND HELP YOURSELF AS WELL AS YOUR FELLOW MAN (OR WOMAN) KEEP THIS GOING STRONG....

Contact either TheAPGuy, Click-Click or myself
I understand. What kind of help are you looking for. I can install most of the things I need but auto patcher does make things easier. I'm not a programmer, but if you need things such as links and stuff that I can help you with. As for donations I'd love to but it'll have to wait. The Aussie dollar is really weak ATM.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

No donations are needed. I pay for the sites upkeep and... ohh, looks like when I updated the site I forgot to put the ads back in. Well this week or next week the ads will make a come back. Anyways... Like it has been said many times. The work is very easy. It looks complicated but, its really not all that hard to do. All you need is notepad/wordpad or some other type of text editor that outputs strait text without formatting. Then you just need to be able to read what windows says about how to detect updates. If your interested I suggest reading a few links
http://www.autopatcher.net/Apup_Documen ... _docs.html <-- how to make scripts (I should add in the new commands)
http://www.autopatcher.net/Apup_Documen ... ormat.html <-- all about the Autopatcher modules. (I need to update this it seems)

http://www.autopatcher.net/Apup_Documen ... 404.script <-- example script
http://www.autopatcher.net/Apup_Documen ... 10_x64.apm <-- example apm

The examples were actually used at one time. (I probably should edit them to add in lots of comments on what is going on)

ohh... you will also need a tool to figure out the md5 hash of a file.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Magmarock... do you have windows 10? I can't find any real good information on the net for good detection so I have a detection program I would like you to run. It will generate generate a text for you to copy to the forum with windows information from your WMI.
Attachments
OSDetection.zip
The Detection program. Windows Vista and up.
(10.28 KiB) Downloaded 953 times
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

its been downloaded 4 times but, no one uploads any data?
DCS78

Post by DCS78 »

I maybe able to take on Windows 10 maintenance. I will have time next week to read the info you linked to and give it a go.

OSDetection Results:

Code: Select all

Stuff Will Show Here
Calling WMI Service...
Operating System Full Name = Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
Operating System Major Version = 10
Operating System Minor Version = 0
Operating System SP = 0
Detected CPU Type = x64
Guessing Windows Version With Given System Major/Minor Version Data
Unable To Guess Windows Version With Given Major/Minor Version Data
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

wow... strange.
Instead of incrementing the windows version to 7 from 6 it skipped right to 10?!
btw thanks for the intel.