Environment Variables Added to Autopatcher

Suggestions for future improvements, adding to scripts, or adding new scripts.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Environment Variables Added to Autopatcher

Post by Whatacrock »

I know I have mentioned this in private chat previously but thought it may be a good idea for a public topic.

I have encountered in my travels software which installs in areas that make use of the "Environment Variables". Some of these tools other users may find of interest.

It would be fine to add these to the URL Listing for Freeware, but feel that they would be better suited to a package.

One in particular that I speak of is f.lux -- Computer screens, tablets and mobile phones emit full spectrum light around the clock, just like the sun. Exposure to blue light at the wrong time of day can keep you awake later and interfere with the quality of your sleep. f.lux tries to help this by removing blue and green light to help you wind down in the evenings.
This installs to the location C:\Users\********\AppData\Local\FluxSoftware\Flux.

There are others and consideration should be given to make use of in the original or BETA version of Autopatcher. We already use some custom ones that are in the coding of Autopatcher, thus can this be expanded upon...

Link to Wiki for Environment Variables --- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environment_variable
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Environment Variables Added to Autopatcher

Post by TheAPGuy »

I have thought about adding this feature. If you so desire it, I can look into it.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Environment Variables Added to Autopatcher

Post by Whatacrock »

Thanks, that would help greatly and open a new can of worms to work with..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"