Thank you _SO MUCH_ for this program!

Suggestions for future improvements, adding to scripts, or adding new scripts.
liquidspark

Thank you _SO MUCH_ for this program!

Post by liquidspark »

Thank you so much for Auto Patcher.

Windows 7 SP 1 as a clean installation from two different DVD copies refused to update with Windows Update. After an exorbitant amount of effort, including 7 reinstallation's, every workaround and suggestion I could find online, every fix-it and other recommended program solution downloaded and tried an average of 10 times in different ways, various boot approaches, network settings, using a different copy of the installation disc, a different product key, getting accused by the 5th Microsoft Support chat agent as having an invalid product key, calling Microsoft Support, taking my Mac Pro 2009 tower (really heavy box) to the Microsoft Store 45 minutes away, being told by them it's not actually a free service to leave my computer there, but would cost me $50 to do so, going through 4 Microsoft Support chat agents probing my computer with various attempts at what is essentially the same things using Remote Desktop Connections, getting online support from Microsoft over a span of 13 hours, lasting from 1 PM to 2 AM one day, only to be given an incorrect diagnosis as it being a problem with my product key, and a whole slew of other complete nonsense from Microsoft, attempting to get it to work through a Parallels Desktop 10 VM installation... I'm not even going to get into the rest of the ordeal and my ridiculous attempts at solving this problem...

... all a complete failure ...
... until I downloaded Auto Patcher.

You should all be paid full salaries by Microsoft. Anything less is simply a travesty.

Let me be clear: Auto Patcher has proven to be a necessity for anyone installing the OEM DVD copy of Windows 7 SP 1.

I mean, one of the Microsoft Support agents through a RDC session even installed trashware on my computer in a desperate attempt to figure out why Windows Update would not work properly.

I think we should start a petition calling for the full-time salaries of contributors to the Auto Patcher program, effective retroactively, starting immediately. I will not accept "no" for an answer. I will call for a boycott if necessary. I mean, Microsoft would be a complete joke were it not for this program that I just so happened to find through a Google search.

THANK.
YOU.
SO.
MUCH.

Now, about that petition...
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thank you _SO MUCH_ for this program!

Post by TheAPGuy »

Sounds like quite the ordeal. Glad we could help.
leeuniverse

Re: Thank you _SO MUCH_ for this program!

Post by leeuniverse »

Boy.... sounds the nightmare.
But, might I suggest that you had the wrong OEM ISO?