Autopatcher 6.1.40 suggestion

Suggestions for future improvements, adding to scripts, or adding new scripts.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Autopatcher 6.1.40 suggestion

Post by Whatacrock »

Updated one of my backups to give 6.1.40 a run on a system I'm re installing and notice that the installing progress doesn't function correctly, this may be happening only with me..

Looking at the GUI interface as it stands, suggesting it would still be workable if the installing progress bar was removed leaving just the title of update, and the indication that the updated was completed.
I say this as most people would be more interested in total progress and time remaining. I know I would.

Just my opinion being vented, any thoughts ??
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher 6.1.40 suggestion

Post by TheAPGuy »

easy enough...
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Give this a try... also new ability... it will tell you if you have an update already running and refuse to start. :)
Attachments
AutoPatcher 6.1.41.7z
(190.8 KiB) Downloaded 1071 times
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I like this idea too. I don't remember if ever the progress bar was very accurate -- making it mostly useless.

A message in the GUI that KB-ABC is being installed, has finished, now KB-XYZ is being installed... I like how some tools show you the complete list of selected updates, and as each finishes the list gets smaller. A message at completion directs the user to consult the log for important notes, errors, etc.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Like the look of the GUI AP6.1.41, much cleaner, even though I only installed one update for the test.

Upon checking the log noticed at the very end an error, but as it was silent made no difference to finish and close.
► Show Spoiler
A step in my opinion, keep 'em coming :D :D :D
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I'm sorry, I forgot to ask -- does AP6200 full (the .7z from the script) contain both the latest 7z tools as well the latest AP exe, the attachment above :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=5&p=4904#p4849, or do I need to replace ap.exe with the file in the attachment.

What I'm wanting to do is get rid of the numerous single zips I have of AP, Sweeper, etc, that have been dropped in various theads. I want the most up-to-date AP6x archive with the latest (hopefully stable feature rich) ap.exe, sweeper.exe, 7zip tools... right now, adding the latest 2 I'm up to 24 archives, single exe(s) and full (including folders). I don't mind creating it I only need at least the md5(s) of the right files and I'll put it together. I would then (for users benefit) post the details so they could assemble an archive should they want to. I understand the 6x line is still looked at as beta but at least it would be the latest & greatest :D
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I noticed something strange with AP 6200, you will need to maximize or widen left to right to see it. The pink dialog or window seems to be stuck, it can't be closed. I extracted the archive and fired up AP so there's no .\modules folder, not sure if this caused the dialog to appear. Anyway, thought I would mention it.
Last edited by ChrisJ on Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed image from post.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hahaha.. nice bug. I will post a fix soon. (its already fixed I am just doing other things to code as well.) Btw that window was one that I was planning on putting in for selecting scripts you want to see in the install area. It will stop loading other scripts. The verify checkbox means it will no longer perform the hashing/size checks on when loading the scripts unless you have that checked.

The latest ap zip has the newest 7zip as well as the new curl and the new AP.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

TheAPGuy wrote:<snip>...The latest ap zip has the newest 7zip as well as the new curl and the new AP.
Very cool. Sweeper as well I assume is also the latest (I have 4, (2) 1.3 & (2) 2.0)? I know it's 2.0.15 but there were at least 2 roaming around, one never opened centered for me and various other bugs, the one in the AP6200 archive seems OK.

I'll wait and update my AP6200 .7z or download a new one when it's ready -- either way thanks for dealin' with it :) now I can delete 15 or so files :D I really need to get down to 1 "stable" AP 5x & 6x archive, and 1 APUP archive.