Sweeper Beta Ideas

Suggestions for future improvements, adding to scripts, or adding new scripts.
ChrisJ

Sweeper Beta Ideas

Post by ChrisJ »

i didnt want to clutter up existing threads, you can delete this topic if you like :)

i had mentioned centering sweeper, it looks like 139 does this, thanks :) after thinking about it more, i was wondering if sweeper could be resized to the user's liking as well, and the settings remembered, like ap? i know sweeper will be integrated, i'm hoping the single tool will get a few more enhancements too.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sweeper Beta Ideas

Post by TheAPGuy »

I don't see why not. Its an easy copy paste of some code.

Also... I forgot to mention... The reason you have to scan all RTI(z)s in one go, is when your looking for extra files, everything you didn't select to scan, will be classified as an extra file for deletion.
Now its possible to have sweeper have different modes you can select, say like Verify or Sweep. In Verify you could select a specific rti(z) (or all) to only check whether files exist and are proper (The new TEST mode?). While in Sweep you get "the works."
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

So here it is... LINKY

In the interest of keeping the number of files down. Sweeper will get its ini values from Autopatcher.ini
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

ViroMan wrote:So here it is... LINKY

In the interest of keeping the number of files down. Sweeper will get its ini values from Autopatcher.ini
i wanted sweeper to be centered, this is usually where our eyes are focused when a program starts. sweeper's width is fine, i only wanted the option to make sweeper a bit taller and have it remember the size and position. sweeper 1.3.10 does both now, thanks :D
ViroMan wrote:Also... I forgot to mention... The reason you have to scan all RTI(z)s in one go, is when your looking for extra files, everything you didn't select to scan, will be classified as an extra file for deletion.
this is logical and reasonable. sweeper is a great tool for hunting down problems to specific files and folders, and a great time saver :!:
ViroMan wrote:Now its possible to have sweeper have different modes you can select, say like Verify or Sweep. In Verify you could select a specific rti(z) (or all) to only check whether files exist and are proper (The new TEST mode?). While in Sweep you get "the works."
i wasnt able to locate /Verify on the list for sweeper or ap? will/is /Verify a feature of the stand-alone tool or is this switch a feature of the integrated tool or a feature available when ap invokes sweeper :?:
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

lol no... I was musing on possible options to add to the program. :)
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

ViroMan wrote:lol no... I was musing on possible options to add to the program. :)
oh, ok, muse away :) i do like the idea of running a test on a single rti(z) rather than all, definately quicker if you have numerous releases in \modules.

this thread might be better suited in suggestions rather than testing, sorry. you can move it if you like :?:
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

It may be wise to say that this sweeper (1.3.10) is intended only for the autopatcher-B (BETA), I made the error of placing in my APUP/Autopatcher directory and got an error as 7za.exe is located in "apup_bin" not in "\bin" as with the BETA.

There may be others that do the same thing and complain!!!!!
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Whatacrock wrote:It may be wise to say that this sweeper (1.3.10) is intended only for the autopatcher-B (BETA), I made the error of placing in my APUP/Autopatcher directory and got an error as 7za.exe is located in "apup_bin" not in "\bin" as with the BETA.

There may be others that do the same thing and complain!!!!!
sweeper 1.3.7 and earlier versions looks for 7za.exe in \apup_bin otherwise you get 'subscript out of range', 'type mismatch', and 'run time' error dialogs. #ap_temp# usually would get left behind, and the log might look like this.
► Show Spoiler
sweeper 1.3.9 & 1.3.10 (so far) looks for 7za.exe in \bin otherwise you get a nice message letting you know
► Show Spoiler
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@ChrisJ --- I think you may be missing my point of view.... am well aware of this, as I stated in my post I made the error of extracting Sweeper 1.3.10 to my current AIO not to the BETA, of course will get the error. I'm just saying that there may be others would would inadvertently do like wise...

Enough said !!
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

ahh yes... perhaps I will make it look for a sweeper-b.exe instead for the next release.