Old Posted News

Place you can talk about other things not related to autopatcher.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Forum Loading Issue

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm... seems to me to be a hosting issue not the sites. I will check the logs though to be sure.

Nothing in the logs other then the logs show it was doing a normal backup on Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:49 pm. They generally don't last more then a few seconds. During that time (if I remember) the database is shutdown to close all connections and then a backup is made.
hurda

Post by hurda »

Hello.

I get the same error on my home-connection (UPC Austria) 100% of the time.

Using a proxy or other ISPs (mobile etc.), the site loads 100% of the time.

If you need more info, please let me know.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I don't know, but it was happening again yesterday... as I mentioned only autopatcher.net/forum/, nothing else.

If I should vanish for months at a time, you now know why :)
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Been happening here continuously, one machine connects via a vpn and only occurs one in a while, this machine connects directly to the internet (wifi) and have been trying on and off all day to connect.

Is there a way to contact the hosting service to make them aware of the issue so that it can remedied.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Whatacrock wrote:Been happening here continuously, one machine connects via a vpn and only occurs one in a while, this machine connects directly to the internet (wifi) and have been trying on and off all day to connect.

Is there a way to contact the hosting service to make them aware of the issue so that it can remedied.
Hi Wac

I wont go on much more, said all I can, but I've been really frustrated at my end trying to figure this out. I assumed it was my slow dialup despite it not happening anywhere else. When I was here earlier and posted, I thought I would stay logged in, be present, let people know there's some life around here -- I surfed other sites in new tabs. I usually reload the AP tab to see if anyone has logged in while I was idling -- no such luck. I tried reloading the page but it was like getting unplugged, nothing happend except the Firefox swirly thing swirled around & around. My external Modem has activity LEDs, and when the AP tab was reloaded the lights didn't blink once. I couldn't even log out, very strange. If this keeps up I will have to adjust how I post, likely have things ready to go in a text file, copy & paste in the editor. If I linger too long, at some point the forum becomes unresponsive, none of the buttons work.

Anyway, I trust if it is forum related TheAPGuy will look into it.
hurda

Post by hurda »

Yesterday using all but one proxies and connecting directly worked.
An hour later that proxy was working too, but connecting directly didn't work instead.
Now another proxy isn't working, and connecting directly doesn't work either.
Almost as if the database is rolling a dice to decide if you're allowed into the club for an hour or not.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

hurda wrote:<snip...> Almost as if the database is rolling a dice to decide if you're allowed into the club for an hour or not.
Hi hurda :)

Thanks for reporting your troubles with the forum -- good analogy too... and welcome aboard.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well... problem is solved.... I hope. Updated both the DB and the forum to a newer version too.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Microsoft Re-Enables KB3035583 on Windows 7 to Force Windows 10 Upgrade

Post by Whatacrock »

Microsoft Re-Enables KB3035583 on Windows 7 to Force Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows 7 users are reporting that the notorious update KB3035583 has been re-enabled on their computer without prior notice, so Windows 10 files could be again downloaded to prepare the upgrade to the new operating system.

KB3035583 was first released in the summer of 2015 to prepare the transition of computers running Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 to the new Windows 10. The update brought the infamous Get Windows 10 app that checked systems for compatibility issues with the new OS and downloaded all the prerequisites to perform quick deployment with minimum user interaction.

Those who didn’t want to perform the upgrade to Windows 10 could remove and hide the update or turn to third-party applications that blocked the new operating system completely in order to avoid any accidental install (accidents like this did happen and Microsoft apologized, promising to always offer full control to users and let them decide whether to install Windows 10 or not).

And now, it turns out that users who previously hid this update are seeing it re-enabled in Windows update, according to a discussion on reddit and other online forums.
"Not happening on Windows 8.1, though"

It appears that KB3035583 not only shows up in Windows Update but is also checked as a “Recommended Update,” so it installs together with all the other updates that you might receive.

“Looks like Microsoft has un-hidden and re-enabled KB3035583 last night. Make sure those of you who want to stay on Windows 7 have your updates set to not automatically install. I use GWX Control Panel - have put the registry settings in, but this keeps coming back. Check your Windows Updates today and hide it again,” one user explains.

At this point, it’s not yet clear if this is widespread behavior because some users claim they’re not seeing the update coming back in Windows 7, but if you do, make sure you hide it again in case you don’t want to upgrade to Windows 10.

But with the free upgrade window for Windows 10 ending in just a couple of months, you better reconsider your options because you are running out of time to install the new OS free of charge.

http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsof ... 3702.shtml
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Microsoft Re-Enables KB3035583 on Windows 7 to Force Windows 10 Upgrade

Post by Whatacrock »

Confirmed on 3 systems here, was previously hidden and now reappeared