The MCP

Place you can talk about other things not related to autopatcher.
ChrisJ

The MCP

Post by ChrisJ »

I'm not finding a way to delete spam posts other than viewing the post and soft deleting it as if it was my own - this is unsafe IMO. Doing it this way make images etc part of my browser cache and I feel uncomfortable with this.

The choices I see (at the subforum level) after marking a post for attention are 'copy' or 'resync' - no 'delete', as best I can tell.

If I'm supposed to leave these posts alone, ok, I'd like to get it on record though :)

Please inform.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The MCP

Post by TheAPGuy »

Are you referring to posts in an already ongoing thread or a new spam thread? If its a new spam thread you should be able to delete the entire thread without viewing it.... testing gimi a sec.

Yes you can delete threads without viewing them. By going into moderator section of the board and checking the box next to the thread and going down to the bottom and select from the drop down box delete.
make sure you are viewing forums not topic to do that.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hi TAPG :)

I'm gonna assume there's a forum goblin roaming around (and it's only June), I now see 'options' that weren't there before. I had done previously exactly what you stated, difference now is 'every' topic in Announcements has a checkbox and the dropdown is populated with more options, including 'delete'.

When in Announcements before, then clicking the MCP, when the MCP opened in Announcements there was only a single checkbox, it was for Announcements as a whole. The options were to 'copy' or 'resync' Announcements, that's all, nothing at the topic level. Now, when first clicking Announcements, then loading the MCP to moderate, each topic has a checkbox, and the dropdown has numerous options. I suppose all is well again in AP land. I deleted the spam thread, hopefully it was done correctly. :mrgreen:

Thanks for your time, much appreciated.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

No its not you... when testing I noticed the forum said you were global moderator but, when I checked personal user permissions it said un set. Which meant you shouldn't have been able to do anything on this site above standard users privileges. What ever, so I set it to moderator and forgot to mention it. :(
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Thank you for fixing the permissions issue.

Now, this isn't a priority - when you have a moment. I had to disable notifications because I can't delete em anymore and they were building up. I see only 1 option - 'Read'. I can mark em as read or not. I attached a screenshot of what I see. I figure this must've changed recently, I'm always deleting attachments, notifications... no reason to save em once the issue is resolved or passed. Again, really not a priority.
Last edited by ChrisJ on Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Problem fixed, removed pic.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

ohh... I see what you mean. The newer version of the forum must not allow deleting of notifications. I will see what I can find to... curb stomp this issue.

edit: Well that is sad... Looks like you can't. I can however LOWER the life span of all notifications to X days. Default is 30 days atm. Set to 7 days.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

The notifications cleared out. 7 days, OK, I rechecked a few boxes, thanks :)