Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and crash

Requests for help go in here.
ChrisJ

Re: Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and cra

Post by ChrisJ »

I can confirm that the apup_1442 script is 404ing (500 internal server error) - http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/ape ... _42.script

...Answer File - your answer file appears to be incomplete, most of the updates are under the Windows Addons parent but no parent is listed. My experimenting is producing more bugs, possibly, including selected items not getting saved to the *.aaf, parent modules being left off the list. There has been so much mention of the code needing to or having been rewritten I don't know if the present behaviour is at all like the application I'm most familiar with. The aaf used to need all parent and child nodes listed in order, then all updates, tweaks etc listed in order - the same order AP would install them - 1400 before 1500, 20150109 before 20150210.
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

@ChrisJ, that is what was generated by the save answer file option in AP, I have not modified it.

I am still interested in why AP is not installing anything else, here is the log from my second run, only AP this time because everything else seems to be working...

Code: Select all

Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 2/11/2015 3:10:56 PM

Parsing Detected Commandline Arguments...
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
All Detected Arguments Processed

AutoPatcher is running with the following arguments: verbose unattend minimal answerfile:answer.aaf nolicense noreboot

Verbose Mode.

AutoPatcher Has Finished Loading The Filesystem.

Getting OS Type And Microsoft Items Installed On This Machine...
Calling WMI Service:

Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Enterprise x64 Service Pack 1

Checking existance of all needed files...

Autopatcher Is Terminating At 2/11/2015 3:11:00 PM
EDIT: I have also modified by batch script to put sweeper after APUP, as recommended. I will probably use the arguments file as well, but I have not implemented that yet. I will not have access to my test machines till Friday.
EDIT 2: By test machines I mean the physical hardware, I have a VM with the same OS image on it.
Last edited by Matt4495 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Matt4495 wrote:@ChrisJ, that is what was generated by the save answer file option in AP, I have not modified it.

I am still interested in why AP is not installing anything else, here is the log from my second run, only AP this time because everything else seems to be working...
AP cant find the parent folder, most of the files on your list are in \Windows Addons, not \Stand Alone, unless you have a custom setup. Reader should have been picked up though.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@Matt4495 -- Will edit the Silverlight apms so that they are no longer critical but the error is mine in regards to the user input required... BAD BOY !!!!

This will be corrected in the next few hours..UPDATE changes have been made, uploaded on main list..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

OK, I ran my script again in a VM and it almost worked, everything in my answer file installed but Java (both 32-bit and 64-bit), but for some reason autopatcher.log says it is installed but there is no Java folder in Program Files or Program Files (x86) and Java is not listed in Programs and Features, attaching autopatcher.log, though I cannot see any errors in it.

Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 2/11/2015 2:33:45 PM

Parsing Detected Commandline Arguments...
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
Unknown Argument Passed:
All Detected Arguments Processed

AutoPatcher is running with the following arguments: verbose unattend minimal answerfile:answer.aaf nolicense noreboot

Verbose Mode.

AutoPatcher Has Finished Loading The Filesystem.

Calling WMI Service:

Checking existance of all needed files...

Installing Adobe Reader XI (11.0.10)
Installing Java RE 8 Update 31 (x64) (Read note)
Installing Java RE 8 Update 31 (x86) (Read note)
Installing Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.305 for Internet Explorer (64bit)
Installing Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.305 for Internet Explorer
Installing Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.305 for Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome & Safari
Installing Adobe Flash Player 16.0.0.305 for Mozilla Firefox, Opera, Google Chrome & Safari (64bit)
Installing Adobe Shockwave Player 12.1.7.157 (32bit for x64 Systems)

Autopatcher Is Terminating At 2/11/2015 2:35:19 PM
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Matt4495 wrote:OK, I ran my script again in a VM and it almost worked, everything in my answer file installed but Java (both 32-bit and 64-bit), but for some reason autopatcher.log says it is installed but there is no Java folder in Program Files or Program Files (x86) and Java is not listed in Programs and Features, attaching autopatcher.log, though I cannot see any errors in it.
...curious, did your existing answer file work without any fixing, the one with no parent module listed for the addons, or did you make any edits to it?

When you start AP and go to Install Updates, are your newly installed programs blue or black?

What does Oracle have to say about your installed version of Java, run the test here -> http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

I did not make any changes to my answer file. I am running AP automated with a slightly changed version of the batch script I posted last page, so I cannot check that. I checked in IE and Firefox, no addons are installed for Java, it really did not install, there is no Java folder in Program Files or Program Files (x86).

EDIT: I ran AP manually and both Java versions are black, I selected them and went to install them, they "installed" instantly but did not install, log attached:

Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 2/11/2015 3:49:28 PM

Installing Java RE 8 Update 31 (x64) (Read note)
Installing Java RE 8 Update 31 (x86) (Read note)

Autopatcher Is Terminating At 2/11/2015 3:49:51 PM
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Matt4495 wrote:I did not make any changes to my answer file. I am running AP automated with a slightly changed version of the batch script I posted last page, so I cannot check that. I checked in IE and Firefox, no addons are installed for Java, it really did not install, there is no Java folder in Program Files or Program Files (x86).

EDIT: I ran AP manually and both Java versions are black, I selected them and went to install them, they "installed" instantly but did not install, log attached:
Looking at the apm, the switch is strange, maybe something has changed... the outer quotes, hmm... :!:

"Module:\jre-8u31-windows-x64.exe" /s /v "/qn REBOOT=Suppress"
I would figure this to be more accurate, but I'm not sure...

"Module:\jre-8u31-windows-x64.exe" /s /v /qn REBOOT=Suppress
This used to work, pretty simple... :?:

"Module:\jre-8u31-windows-x64.exe" /s IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=Suppress
I personally don't bother with Java anymore, or I use the portable apps version or VM to run Java apps.

:mrgreen:
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

BTW, just a reminder, not sure if anyone noticed -> the APUP 1442 script is still DOA as of this post...
http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/ape ... _42.script
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@ChrisJ --- the APUP is in fact MIA (seems that ViroMan hasn't uploaded to the server). The autopatcher download at the top of the forum still works for 1442. I could edit the releases list so that APUP 1442 does not appear until such time that this is rectified.. Your thoughts...
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"