Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and crash

Requests for help go in here.
Matt4495

Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and crash

Post by Matt4495 »

First a little background, being the local "computer guy" I was roped into upgrading a local small libraries computers with Windows 7 from Windows XP and updating some of the hardware. Because of the horrible state they were in I want to automate program updates, flash, java, etc. but some of the programs in the addons module seem to be not very useful or desirable for a public use case like this so I wanted to blacklist some of the programs in addons like Microsoft Network Monitor and User State Migration Tools, so I would like to know if there is a way to blacklist part of a module? The machines will also be using deep freeze so I plan to write a batch script once I get to that point (if I even can, I have not poked around with the switches yet). My other problem is that autopatcher.exe crashes with error code 0x153 saying that "Error Detected: Component 'RICHTX32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid In Initilization.SubMain At Line 232". I tried searching for the missing component on the forum and got no relevant results. I am using a fairly new install of Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. Thanks for the help!
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Questions about blacklisting programs in modules and cra

Post by Whatacrock »

@Matt4495 --- in regards to Microsoft Network Monitor and User State Migration Tool, as release maintainer I have been mulling over the thought of removing these from the AddOns release, they both are old applications and in my opinion need to be removed.

Update did a little further research regarding Microsoft Network Monitor, this will be culled from the Extras (AddOns) shortly... supported Operating Systems contained in the spoiler --DONE
Update 2 User State Migration Tool has been culled -- DONE
► Show Spoiler
Will leave the answers for ViroMan as he is the programmer and better at explaining things..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Microsoft Message Analyzer replaced Network Monitor months ago - I do believe I mentioned it at the time.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@DesertJerry -- I know that you mentioned this before but with the lack of responses it will NOT be included..

Refer to post -- http://autopatcher.net/forum/viewtopic. ... 1425#p1425
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

You can not really blacklist individual files. What you can do is remove the apm and the install for that package you don't want and AP won't know its there to install. It will bug you about not being official but, you made the change so you know its alright.

Regarding the missing richtx32.ocx its in the bin folder. Many VB6 programs require it. If for some reason the copy to your sytem32 OR SysWOW64 folder didn't happen correctly you can just copy it over then register it as if it was a dll file. Go to the directory you placed it in. Hold Shift then right anywhere NOT on a file and select open command prompt here. The type this out...

Code: Select all

regsvr32 richtx32.ocx
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

I registered richtx32.ocx as you said, but still crashes with the same error as before. How I did this was I opened an elevated command prompt, cd to the bin directory and registered it, the command said it was registered successfully, but it still does not work, even after a restart.

EDIT: seeing as how you said to copy it to System32 and register it there I did that, after unregistering the first one, and it still did not change anything.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Can you upload the log file if it gets that far? If not just tell me what version OS as well as x64 or x86, and what version of AP you are using?

edit:
ohh your profile says... "Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Debian Wheezy" Nice to see a fellow linux user. ;)
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 2015-02-05 21:33:42

Getting OS Type And Microsoft Items Installed On This Machine...
Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1

Error Detected: Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid In Initilization.SubMain At Line 232
That is the contents of autopatcher.log

I much prefer Linux over Windows, but I still need it for some things.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well it seems that its not able to copy any of the ocx files. You have a different error this time. Looks like your going to have to copy each of the ocx files and register them like you did for the richtx32.ocx. Btw did you copy the file into system32 or SysWOW64?

Hmm. Do you have any FW or AV software that prevents apps from copying files into system folders? This is the second(?) time I have encountered someone who just wasn't able to get the files to copy over automatically while getting no copy errors strange.

edit: I might also recommend trying out the newer version of AP in the test area. It is apup and AP in one app. It also has features not in the older ones. It is beta but, there are no show stopping errors (that have been reported).
Matt4495

Post by Matt4495 »

I missed that, but I registered all the ocx files and I am getting this error from autopatcher now

Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 2015-02-06 00:02:49

Getting OS Type And Microsoft Items Installed On This Machine...
Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 Service Pack 1

Error Detected: Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid In Initilization.SubMain At Line 232
EDIT: I rebooted, unregistered comdlg32.ocx and reregistered it, restarted again and still, that same error

EDIT 2: I am running MalwareBytes Premium, I disabled it the second time I tried registering comdlg32.ocx, also started the program with it off running as administrator.
Last edited by Matt4495 on Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:14 am, edited 2 times in total.