AutoPatcher XP SP3 (x86) Updates

Windows XP Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: AutoPatcher XP SP3 (x86) Updates

Post by TheAPGuy »

I shouldn't matter how its executed. The app picks up the applications directory, not by asking windows for the current open directory. IF it does have issues I would be surprised. (unless its a network issue.)

edit:
ChrisJ, no need to worry about character length here. The strings read in are dynamic and can be as large as the OS is capable of handling. Although... ya that is large and eats up log size. About spaces... ya that gave me a problem a few times till I got it right. Apup/AP is fine with spaces.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

ViroMan wrote:ChrisJ, no need to worry about character length here.
i wasnt actually worried about the number of characters in his log file, the phpbb editor was, it complained with a red warning (see above), i edited it twice to get under 60000 characters. if you dont have an opinion on it, you might see if the number can be bumped up.

btw, whats the max kb/mb for forum members uploads, per file & total, i couldnt find the info? im going to delete my attachments now to free up space, you've already seen them. i prefer in some cases a screenshot over a complicated written explanation.
vicmail12

Post by vicmail12 »

Thanks, Whatacrock, for the corrections. Modules now downloaded without error. And interesting to learn of the Spoiler feature.

if someone could indulge another request, please. What is the best way to get a searchable index of what each module updates. In other words, if one is looking for a particular feature, is there a site that lists the modules, perhaps by KB number and what each does? UPDATE: Nevermind this question. I found what I was looking for by opening the Modules folder. :)

Thanks,
► Show Spoiler
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@vicmail12 -- a search of the internet should provide such links that may be use to your needs.. Google works well if you know the KB number you are interested in

As far as the modules included in autopatcher, you can read these with notepad (Windows XP x64/x86 and the non Operating System release) or notepad++, or alternatively Wordpad ( Vista and above Operating Systems).
Each module has included a webpage link, either to a Knowledge Base support bulletin or a security bulletin which you can copy and paste into your browser to get more information
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Post limit bumped to 12k would rather not read something that long though.

Attachment size is 1mb per post with a limit of 3 per post. You don't have a local limit on the amount or size of attachments you can have although I set the global limit for the board to 100mb.
vicmail12

Post by vicmail12 »

OK, I have looked and studied most of the documentation on the main page and some of the forum threads, but can't find what to do with the modules and scripts after I've transferred them to the target machine. It seems like there should be an executable that reads the *.apm scripts, then executes the modules one by one according to the list in the parent modules, but I can't find such an executable.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@vicmail12 -- as you are are aware the current apup is the updater for releases and downloads those as selected. Autopatcher on the other hand is the installer for the modules. It appears that you have NOT downloaded the apengine (this is the section item on the apup list). Download this and then execute autopatcher.exe, you will now have a list of the updates to install on the system..
vicmail12

Post by vicmail12 »

OK, thank you, I was under the impression that APUP replaced autopatcher. I will do as you say. Thanks for quick response!
vicmail12

Post by vicmail12 »

NM, I figured it out. I couldn't find autopatcher.exe because I had only checked the box for my version of windows, not noticing the box for autopatcher. I guess I needed a walkabout. 6km did it.
Last edited by vicmail12 on Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

To download the AP Engine, start your apup, you will see displayed as second download item "Autopatcher Engine 5.7.56", select and download.. once downloaded open your APUP directory, here you find autopatcher.exe, this is one you execute to install the updates.

Autopatcher.com is dead in the water!!!!

The rtiz is an archived rti file, this file is the signature of the release to verify the release as "OFFICIAL"

BTW.. if you haven't noticed in the Public area, ViroMan is currently working on an all in one autopatcher so that there will be no need to have apup, autopatcher and sweeper --- this is currently in beta stage but eventually be rolled out as mainstream..

http://autopatcher.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47

PS If there is any question or issue you can either post in the forum or send a PM, will be glad to help out as best I can