AutoPatcher XP SP3 (x86) Updates

Windows XP Releases Both (x86) And (x64)
edtambasco

Re: AutoPatcher XP SP3 (x86) Updates

Post by edtambasco »

Yes I will do it!
I'm downloading the package!
Thank you.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

edtambasco wrote: Thanks I will be visiting the site.
Do you know if the ENU version works in another language as EN? thank you
Sorry my English, I lay in the way that these scripts work downloads
I have no idea as to language compatibility - you will have to check with the author of SP4.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

There will be no further discussion on this "UNOFFICIAL SP4" on this forum.... so consider this a verbal public warning..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

While I would not go as far as to say speaking of such a thing is bannable I will say we will not condone using an unofficial patch. We can ill afford another slap across the mouth from Microsoft. If you use such an unsupported SP and then have issues with detections or installs using autopatcher we will probably not help you there. Not because you disobeyed our advice but, because you are probably wasting our time on something that is not our fault.

That being said... I consider WhatACrock an equal in his authority over the forums. This project (Autopatcher in general) has only progressed this smoothly due in no short part to his massive effort. If he feels that its a warning offense or even bannable to speak of anything, he has the authority to act on it. I would ask that further discussion of this topic either be carried out via PM, E-Mail, or off the forum.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

edtambasco wrote:ENU install to PTBR Windows? No errors will occur?
i would figure this should fail, enu (english, united states) is different from eng (english, united kingdom). ptbr (portuguese, brazil) is not the same as ptpt (portuguese, portugal).

i would test your theory by just double-clicking an 'enu' update directly on your ptbr system so you can see any warning message, i suspect you should get a 'wrong system' or 'does not apply' warning, if not a pop-up, locate the KB log file and read it for a simialr message.

don't know for sure but maybe the way this might work is if the underlying system is english with a ptbr language pack, but i'm only guessing.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

i'm assembling manually xp (x86 & x64), after extracting the critical 7zs, these are 'extra' according to the rtizs. the batch files should remove em if listed, thought i would mention it. the latest official scripts appear to be ok, only the 7zs need attention.

-> windows_xp_x64_critical_20140211.7z
EXTRA FILE: '..\modules\Windows XP x64\Critical\KB2820197-x64-ENU.apm
EXTRA FILE: '..\modules\Windows XP x64\Critical\KB2849470-x64-ENU.apm
EXTRA FILE: '..\modules\Windows XP x64\Critical\KB2850851-x64-ENU.apm
EXTRA FILE: '..\modules\Windows XP x64\Critical\KB2883150-x64-ENU.apm

-> windows_xp_x86_critical_20140221.7z
EXTRA FILE: '..\modules\Windows XP x86\Critical\WindowsXP-KB2719985-x86-ENU.apm
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@ChrisJ --- thanks for the information, now taken care of for both XP x86 and x64
vicmail12

Post by vicmail12 »

new member here. newbie to APUP. am receiving "failed" missing files, download agian error message. Have tried three times - same result. WinXP SP3 log file is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj3s8qho5hjbo76/apup.log

Can you help please?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@vicmail12 -- will investigate this and report back

Update: have investigated and corrected the two issues your apup reported, corrections uploaded..

A question: how are you executing apup ?? -- I mean directly from apup root location or via a shortcut.. I always execute directly from root directory of APUP
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

vicmail12 wrote:new member here. newbie to APUP. am receiving "failed" missing files, download agian error message. Have tried three times - same result. WinXP SP3 log file is here https://www.dropbox.com/s/jj3s8qho5hjbo76/apup.log

Can you help please?
first bit of advice, copy the log file text and paste it into spoiler code, dont waste your time uploading a simple bit of text to the cloud.

Code: Select all

[spoiler] [/spoiler]
► Show Spoiler
Wow, thats a first, a warning from the editor - too many characters.

Your message contains 123046 characters. The maximum number of allowed characters is 60000.

then i noticed Vic's path:

C:\Users\Vic\Documents\_New Machine Load\APUP - AutoPatch Updater\Apup_1_4_38 (2)
needlessly long and possibly problematic for some software. extra spaces are also characters -> \APUP - AutoPatch
81 characters and we havent even hit apup's root folder yet.