V-6.1.0.31 Bug, The array is fixed or temporarily locked

Requests for help go in here.
ChrisJ

Re: V-6.1.0.31 Bug, The array is fixed or temporarily locked

Post by ChrisJ »

eewiz - run AP6132 and update your XPx64 release, there were edits done to the apm files. The AP code to properly identify XPx64 will come shortly.
eewiz

Post by eewiz »

Hey Y'all
As I said above "On my fresh install VM, unhidden items do show in gray text. On my work machine, those same items appear in black text and cannot be distinguished from uninstalled items".
I noticed that right-clicking "Never show this item" does turn the text gray on my work machine.
Any difference in the methods used to color the text between "unhidden" and "Never show this item" my provide a clue as to why the "unhidden" text remains black.
On my VM box the black is 100% black, the "unhidden" gray is about 50% black and the "Never show this item" gray is about 25% black.
There appears to be a difference in the run-time on my work box vs. my VM box.

Also, the "Never" in "Never show this item" lasts only until the end of the program. When AP is restarted, all of the "Never show" items return from the dead.

All for now
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

For items on one box to be hidden, and yet appear as available to install on another -> for whatever reason AP thinks these 2 boxes are different. They may be, it is only the difference of the prerequisite or dependency. Rather than listing all the problem updates maybe dial in on 1 or 2, you have access to both machines, it is much easier for you to do some detective work.

Trying to determine exactly why the shades of gray exist is difficult for anyone who is not in front of the machine looking at the display, but, my guess, the displays might be the reason - blacks and grays are not always true black or gray, and are different when viewed on different monitors.

It may be a good idea for AP to employ different colors altogether for the various status conditions. Gray for releases that don't apply to a given OS but are shown - XP Tweaks visible on 8. User hidden items (otherwise installable) in some other color than Gray, maybe Red to alert the user this item has been disabled, and so on. Black seems OK for available to install items, Blue for installed seems OK too.

I have a feeling that TAPG is looking into why AP may be broken in your case, if a fix is needed in the AP code it will be done I'm sure.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

so... it looks like there might be an issue on the product type then. That is where it decides if YOU are running a server or XP x64. Will focus on looking around there.
eewiz Go to THIS link and try the detection program. It is the same detection code except all the extras are cut out. Post what it logs.