Microsoft Re-Issues Windows 7 Patch Preparing Windows 10 Upgrade
Microsoft has re-published a Windows 7 and 8.1 update that in the past has been associated with the company’s aggressive Windows 10 push, this time trying to focus on providing users with a smooth transition to the new operating system.
KB3150513 is an update shipped to systems running Windows 7, 8.1, and Windows 10 versions prior to 1703, and its purpose is to prepare the computer for the upgrade to Windows 10.
On April 21, Microsoft rolled out the 10th revision to the update, so users who are yet to upgrade to Windows 10 are once again being re-offered the patch.
"Smooth upgrade to Windows 10 Creators Update"
With the Windows 10 Creators Update now available for download, it more or less makes sense for Microsoft to provide a new compatibility patch to users, especially because a smooth upgrade is needed for those making the move from Windows 7 and 8.1, but also from Windows 10 TH1 or the Anniversary Update.
“This update provides the latest set of definitions for compatibility diagnostics that are performed on the system. The updated definitions will help enable Microsoft and its partners to ensure compatibility for all customers who want to install the latest Windows operating system,” Microsoft explains in the KB page.
“Installing this update also makes sure that the latest Windows operating system version is correctly offered through Windows Update, based on compatibility results.”
The patch comes with several prerequisites, so before installing the new version, users of the following operating systems need to make sure they are also running the corresponding updates:
· On Windows 10 Version 1607: the March 14, 2017, cumulative update (KB4013429) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4013429/
· On Windows 10 Version 1511: the August 9, 2016, cumulative update (KB3176493 ) https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3176493
· On Windows 8.1 and Windows 8: update 2976978 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2976978
· On Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1): update 2952664 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2952664
· On Windows 7 RTM: update 2977759 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2977759
A Windows 10 computer that’s fully up-to-date should already be running the latest version of the patch or the prerequisites for installing the 10th revision.
http://news.softpedia.com/news/microsof ... 5099.shtml
Place you can talk about other things not related to autopatcher.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
- Release Maintainer
- Posts: 1967
- Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:47 am
- Location: Australia
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"