Site Update and Host issue

Announcements that may happen from time to time.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Site Update and Host issue

Post by TheAPGuy »

I got an email from 'The Crow' the other day about the site forum missing some posts. I looked into it and found out that the hosting site decided to update the server and botched things up. They reverted to a backup they made a while ago before hand and that is why the forum lost some data. After I found all this out I decided to update the forum as well. latest version now.
The Crow

Re: Site Update and Host issue

Post by The Crow »

I know you should of taken regular backups anyway, but it's a bit of a joke that the host had to roll back in effect 5-6 months looking at the last forum post

Did they mention that they was doing maintenance on the servers and urged you to backup at all, not sure who your hosted with but I had a similar experience with GoDaddy, I had my own recent backups so I didn't lose anything bar a few days

With the AutoPatcher forums being quiet a few missing posts isn't the end of the world, but imagine a thriving very active website rolling back 5-6 months it's not on really

I moved hosts after that point and now have my own VPS and haven't looked back since

The site is still throwing error 500 internal server errors while trying to retrieve the download list, I just read your reply email, I'm assuming you just haven't got around to fixing that yet since you posted here

My ftp seems to also be down, so that would also need checking

Many thanks
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Site Update and Host issue

Post by TheAPGuy »

damn... they broke the file symnlink for releases.list when they made the backup or when they put it back up. So I just edited the htaccess to redirect to the release file. Sent you a private msg about your ftp access.