Extras Addon Pack

Extra includes several programs. Prominent ones are Shockwave, Flashplayer, Silverlight(MS IE addon), Some XP Powertoys, and TweakUI
Pendraguin

Re: Extras Addon Pack

Post by Pendraguin »

(Replied on the Adobe Reader thread but will here too.)

Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (formerly Adobe Reader) for x86 Based Systems

This worked on my Win 7 SP1 x86 system. It installed through AP and shows as installed. Thanks!
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Extras updated November 24, now available

changelog: @Shockwave (12.2.2.172);
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Extras updated December 8, now available

changelog: @Adobe Flash Players (20.0.0.228 IE); (20.0.0.235 notIE); (20.0.0.228 Pep);
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

In this month updates in a new Silverlight.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Thanks parkd1, updated Extras to reflect this
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Extras updated December 28, now available

changelog: @Adobe Flash Players (20.0.0.267 IE); (20.0.0.267 notIE); (20.0.0.267 Pep);
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Extras updated January 1, now available

changelog: @Adobe Flash (20.0.0.270 IE);
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Flash Player (all of them) and AIR still aren't installing for me through AP. No errors or apparent problems in AP, they just don't actually install. Not that I mind keeping "the internet's screen door" off my system aside from testing the install. :) Wondered if it was just me or not.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Hi Pendraguin :)

I read over your last few posts and to add a bit of clarity I thought I would ask a few questions if I may :ugeek:

* On Nov. 21 you mention...
Pendraguin wrote:1) AP installed these programs but they don't show as installed in AP, but do show in Programs & Features:
- Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
- Adobe Flash Player

2) Adobe AIR - AP did not install this program but I was able to install it manually with the command line flags, and it showed as installed in AP after restarting AP.
1) appears to be a problem with detection not installation, is this correct? Flash and Reader DC were properly installed onto your system but AP displayed them as Black (uninstalled)? I'm not sure of the extent of the bugs remaining in AP 6132 or 6140 but usually detection issues reside in the apm file, but I suppose they might also extend to AP itself.

2) appears to be the opposite, an installation issue, not detection? I might be more inclined to use the term "launch" or "run" rather than install, everything regarding installation of a file is programed into the file itself, AP merely launches the file, much like RUN. If AP is having troubles running a file, assuming the /switches are correct (it appears so here), my guess this is a bug in AP 6140.

One thing to keep in mind is that details matter. If a user has selected a large number of updates to install in one go but a few fail this could be due to any number of issues, system limitations, security software interferring, or AP getting confused, or a good ole fashioned bug. How many files do you usually select for update in one go?

* on Nov. 22...
Pendraguin wrote:Snip...
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for x86 Based Systems
This worked on my Win 7 SP1 x86 system. It installed through AP and shows as installed. Thanks!
Did Wac make a few changes in the Reader DC apm files, you then updated your release, and now Reader DC is properly detected in AP 6140? Does AP 6132 demonstrate the same issues - undetected with old apm files, after Wac's edits both AP 6132 & 6140 properly install (launch) and detect Reader DC?

* Jan. 03...
Pendraguin wrote:Flash Player (all of them) and AIR still aren't installing for me through AP. No errors or apparent problems in AP, they just don't actually install. Not that I mind keeping "the internet's screen door" off my system aside from testing the install. :) Wondered if it was just me or not.
To clarify, is this an installation (launching, running) issue or detection issue for you? On Nov. 21 you mentioned that they were installed into Programs & Features but not detected in AP, I'm assuming you meant that the list remained Black (uninstalled) rather than Blue (installed)?

So, ... :)

... Keep in mind the general distinction between installation (launch, run - my terms) versus detection (blue, black) in AP.
... Always helpful to mention OS, version(s) of AP tested, Flash IE, notIE. No user is expected to run multiple versions of AP but some user may infact be running more than one - good to know which one we're talking about.
... Was failed update a lone installation or bundled in a multitude of updates? Generally shouldn't matter but may depending on number & kind of updates paired together in a single run.
... Have you looked at the apm files (use any text editor to view) of the offending updates and compared the detections in the apm files to that of your system (regedit)? Have you attempted to edit the files to match your system - does it work? If an edit fails run AP and update the release - a new apm file will overwrite the old one. You don't need to do this but many users have offered detections after experimenting.
... Security software can affect an installation of some updates, and may happen after an update to the AV or malware program - good idea to do important updates with these tools turned off.

No need to respond to me. You're good about mentioning your OS etc - just keep doing it along with some of the other suggestions when filling in the details.

:mrgreen:
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Hi Chris,

I definitely don't mind clarifying/obfuscating anything I've posted! :ugeek:

1) Yes I agree, this does seem to be a problem with detection not installation.

ADOBE READER: WAC did make a change to the Reader DC apm file on Nov 22, in which he separated it into 2 modules - x86 and x64. That's why my Nov 22 post shows "Adobe Acrobat Reader DC for x86 Based Systems". He mentioned something about this the post before mine in the Extras Addon Pack thread:
Whatacrock wrote:Did a little research regarding Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, there seems to be differences when it installed on a 32bit or a 64bit Operating System.
Show what I mean, for 32bit the version is 15.9.20069.28170, on 64bit version is 15.9.2077.29851. Deducting from this it would appear that separate apm modules for x86 and x64 Systems even though most of the Registry Data is identical, file location the same.... Decision will be made soon..

That is the same problem I had with Adobe Flash Players, had to manually install , run autopatcher and now displayed... A possible bug
And the update was mentioned in the Adobe Reader thread the same day:
Whatacrock wrote:Created new apm modules, one for x86 and one for x64. This has been done as there are 2 different version numbers depending on which architecture of the Operating System

Script dated November 22..
Since then, I've had no problem installing (launching) Reader in AP 6140, and it shows as detected/installed in both AP and P&F.

FLASH PLAYER: I totally missed WAC's comment about Flash Player installs until just now. So I wonder if I was mistaken about it in my Nov 21 post, and it actually did NOT install. I've tried several times since then, with the result of the Flash Player installers appearing to launch through AP 6140, but not showing in P&F or detected in AP when I re-run it.

2) Hm, you're right about details mattering, and I don't recall what AIR actually did then when I tried to install it.

I don't actually use any of the Adobe products on my system at home, so what I'm trying to do is help test the installs through AP. I'll normally select anywhere from 1 file to "all that are available", depending on what I'm trying to test. If I run into problems, then I'll select fewer to narrow the focus.

(Hopefully the blue glow isn't obnoxious lol. I find it helps readability when I post a wall of text!) :)