Using Autopatcher and APUP

Requests for help go in here.
TomeG2kc

Using Autopatcher and APUP

Post by TomeG2kc »

Hi,
I'm not a IT guy, but some things I know about it. Few years ago I heard about Autopatcher but only heard, not using.
Now I need to download as much as possible updates files for my grandma's computer. She is living far away, and she has internet only by cellural network. And I must reinstall her MS Vista bcoz it has lots of sticky things inside. So, I decided to download SP2 for Vista and rest of updates as much as possible. It's little expensive to download ~1GB for update for her MS Vista by cellural.
And I remembered Autopatcher.
Now, I used it on my computer (with W7 HP and WiFi), I marked in APUP to download Vista and some more updates (Adobe ect.). It downoaded 1,47 GB (!) updates. I copyed all folders with APUP and above to pendrive.
And I dont know how I can install all those updates in grandma's computer when I will be there :roll:. I didn't run autopatcher.exe, only apup.exe, bcoz I dont want to install some of those updates on my computer. But, main question is, if I run it on grandma's computer, it will install those downloaded updates correctly?
==
THX and waiting 4 answer
Tom
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Using Autopatcher and APUP

Post by Whatacrock »

Hi TomeGkc -- All you need to do when you are ready to install the updates is start autopatcher.exe, this will verify the updates and prepare the list of updates to install.

Start with what Autopatcher has selected (critical updates) and allow to install, reboot and restart selecting next lot, continue cycling through until you have all that is needed.

One thing to note here, it would be advisable to copy the apup contents to the hard drive as this will allow Autopatcher run more efficiently (you can run directly from the pen drive but will slower to install)
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Also, there is no need to worry about autopatcher installing updates that are not for your computer. It will only install updates that are for what ever machine you run autopatcher from.
TomeG2kc

Post by TomeG2kc »

Thank you, thank you, thamk you :)))
:D :D :D.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Welcome any time
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"