Apup is Discontinued

Announcements that may happen from time to time.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Apup is Discontinued

Post by Whatacrock »

There seems to something missing in regards to the checking and unchecking of updates. With the old autopatcher it was possible to uncheck an entire category but with the latest the only way to clear a category check is to manually uncheck all the items that are checked, this is time consuming!!!

BTW IMHO the size of the form is too large, needs to be somewhat smaller (thinking of those whose have smaller screen sizes, even those using display settings which are less than the recommended setting)
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
click-click
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by click-click »

ViroMan wrote:I can't seem to replicate any of your errors. :( Although I can not even get my XP mode to even start so I can try it there either. (some days I can get it to work... others not.)
Most problems also on W7. AP process looks like it closes okay when exiting GUI on W7.
The error code lines don't go that far... they stop at 122 so I have no idea how it threw out 142
Seems to be related to using maximized windows
Do you mean when it is removing apup files? I didn't consider adding a prompt. You think there should be?
No, I thought it was deleting leftover apms, etc.
When you drag AP to a different screen the size changes? Does it always change to the same size?
I'm talking about the different GUI displays - not monitors. If you start the GUI it is one size when you select what you want to do it's another and usually half off the screen. If you can make it work having all screens maximized, that would be a work-around for me.
I'm not young enough to know everything
click-click
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by click-click »

On W7, run the following from a batch file - Yikes at 114:

Code: Select all

autopatcher /nolicense /verbose /test /no_wmi_detect
On W7, maximize 1st displayed GUI, then select About - You get Yikes at line 142
I'm not young enough to know everything
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

I get an error when I run version 6.1.21. If I just click on the red x it clears the error and I can run it all the way through.
error.jpg
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

parkd1 wrote:I get an error when I run version 6.1.21. If I just click on the red x it clears the error and I can run it all the way through.
error.jpg
AP 6121's GUI has a few bugs, one is Maximize is breaking something creating the error.

One workaround is to edit the ini file until you determine a "width & height" you like. If your GUI gets out of wack (flies way off screen) make sure you find the Exit button to kill AP, the Close button is only hiding the GUI, the process is still running. You may need to use task manager to kill autopatcher.exe if you've been using Close to exit AutoPatcher.

The other thing to avoid for now is the /nolicense switch - edit your ini file, use /nolicense, after the Download/Install window pops up, notice what happens to the following window frames? Check your ini file after this, sometimes it's edited and the numbers change. Now, with the ini once again set using your width & heigth, if you notice, the EULAs will be the size you selected and the Download/Install window will be smaller, and the following windows will be the size you selected as well, matching the EULA window.

Normally dragging AP around until a width & heigth is found would correctly edit the ini and the dimensions would be saved, this only works some of the time with AP 6121 so I would edit the ini and leave it be until a fix is found and a new exe is uploaded.

I'm hoping the dev will reconsider changing back the Download/install window behaviour, instead of being fully minimized it will be sized the same as all the rest of the windows. If it is kept minimized, I hope you will atleast consider having this window centered instead of it abruptly moving to the upper-left corner. Chasing the buttons around is a bit tedious when their bouncing everywhere. The distance from this window to the Next button after a selection is made can be nearly the entire width of the monitor - from upper-left to bottom-right just to move to the next screen.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I will be spending time on the code tomorrow and the next day. Expect news at that time.
widhie75

Post by widhie75 »

In the mean time , I think old version of APUP 1.4.38 & old AutoPatcher should be re-activated.
(because this old version release is work flawlessly)

Today I found new bug in AutoPatcher 6.1.21 downloaded list.
a new AutoPatcher Engine 5.7.56 is available to download, but date very obsolete (27/Jan/2014)

After I select it and download it, it always re-appear everytime I start AutoPatcher application.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

widhie75 wrote:In the mean time , I think old version of APUP 1.4.38 & old AutoPatcher should be re-activated.
(because this old version release is work flawlessly)

Today I found new bug in AutoPatcher 6.1.21 downloaded list.
a new AutoPatcher Engine 5.7.56 is available to download, but date very obsolete (27/Jan/2014)
ViroMan did, widhie75, that is why you see apup1438 & ap5756 listed in the releases.list.

This is not a bug, ViroMan mentioned he was going to have users (for now) who are having problems with AP6121 revert back to older versions. Remember, in the past you needed both APUP and AutoPatcher, more recent versions of AP have both APUP & AP code.

Users will need to download both APUP1438 & AutoPatcher5756 for now. Run APUP to download releases and AutoPatcher to update your system.
widhie75 wrote:After I select it and download it, it always re-appear everytime I start AutoPatcher application.
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to - "it always re-appears", can you be more specific? Is AutoPatcher v6121 not being overwritten with AutoPatcher v5756, do you have both executables in the same folder?
widhie75

Post by widhie75 »

ChrisJ wrote:
widhie75 wrote:After I select it and download it, it always re-appear everytime I start AutoPatcher application.
I'm not sure exactly what you're referring to - "it always re-appears", can you be more specific? Is AutoPatcher v6121 not being overwritten with AutoPatcher v5756, do you have both executables in the same folder?
SOLVED

yes, need to run from APUP 1.4.38 and finally AutoPatcher 6121 success replaced by v5.7.56
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

widhie75 wrote:
ChrisJ wrote:
SOLVED
yes, need to run from APUP 1.4.38 and finally AutoPatcher 6121 success replaced by v5.7.56
OK, it looks like AP6121 was having troubles downloading both scripts while it was running.

It may be easier to:
-> First, use ap6121 to download apup1438 only, let it finish, close ap6121.
-> Now, run apup.exe to download ap5756, let it finish.

You should have both APUP 1438 (for downloading) & AutoPatcher 5756 (for installing) updates.

You may need to edit your shortcut to AP5756, not sure if AutoPatcher.exe and autopatcher.exe are the same for a shortcut target. The /switches available for each tool can be found by running apup.exe & autopatcher.exe with /help or /? -- determine your switches, your new shortcut might look like...

C:\apup\apup.exe /switch1 /switch2
C:\apup\autopatcher.exe /switch1 /switch2