Missing updates, releases.list out of date?

Requests for help go in here.
korteko

Missing updates, releases.list out of date?

Post by korteko »

Hi all

Firstly, thanks for the fantastic software. It has been invaluable when dealing with sites that have crap dsl.

However I have tried Apup on different computers in an attempt to get the most up-to-date library of updates and I am hitting a wall. Apup will download about 665MB of updates, but after installing them and then running Windows Update on a fresh install of Win7 SP1 I still have another ~550MB of critical updates to download.

When trying with a fresh version of Apup it appears to download 665MB and then throws up the error "One or more files has failed verification, please redownload ...". However the Modules>Windows_Seven_x64 folder does show as 665MB in size

Within Apup, "Autopatcher for Windows 7 SP1 x64" is dated as 17 November 2014 and Apup>Options lists http://www.autopatcher.net/releases.list and it appears I have an up-to-date version of Apup. If I again run Apup for Win 7, it successfully completes the MD5 checks for 196 updates and indicates that I have everything.

Am I using an out-of-date list or what?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Missing updates, releases.list out of date?

Post by Whatacrock »

@korteko -- can you provide the log files so they it can be determined which updates are creating the errors.

In regards to the additional updates which Windows Update displays is entirely due to the fact that autopatcher contains only the latest updates, and as such there are those which are available via WU.

As a matter of interest do you have a list of the updates displayed by WU ( will research them and some could be re-instated in auopatcher)
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
korteko

Post by korteko »

Can you clarify "In regards to the additional updates which Windows Update displays is entirely due to the fact that autopatcher contains only the latest updates, and as such there are those which are available via WU."

Do you mean "In regards to the additional updates which Windows Update displays is entirely due to the fact that autopatcher contains only the latest updates, and as such there are those which are only available via WU."?

I don't have any more blank computers to perform a fresh install on, so the updates listed are from Autopatcher and WU. I can get cmd to spit out all installed updates if that is of any value

The following log is from yet another fresh instance of Apup. Modules>Win7 is again at 665MB
► Show Spoiler
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Corrected the error with the NonCritical archive, please try it again..

There are updates that Windows Update will display as available but no longer contained in autopatcher as they have been superseded by later updates. Autopatcher only contains the latest updates...

May find time to redo a fresh install on a machine here to see what updates "Windows Update" offers.. keep you posted.
korteko

Post by korteko »

I will do. Thanks for your help and thanks again for this sexy bit of software
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Update: In regards to those updates offered by Windows Update a significant number of these will pertain to .NET Framework (this being a separate release). There may also be others relating to security etc.