Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.2

Post by TheAPGuy »

DesertJerry: ok long shot here but its fast to do, give re-registering your OCX files a try.

copy paste into a batch file. Edit it, if your windows directory is on another drive or is not "Windows".

Code: Select all

c:\
cd c:\windows\SysWOW64
regsvr32.exe /u comctl32.ocx
regsvr32.exe /u comdlg32.ocx
regsvr32.exe /u mscomctl.ocx
regsvr32.exe /u richtx32.ocx
pause

regsvr32.exe comctl32.ocx
regsvr32.exe comdlg32.ocx
regsvr32.exe mscomctl.ocx
regsvr32.exe richtx32.ocx
pause
The pauses is there so you can wait for the unregisters to complete and
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

TheAPGuy wrote:looks like you are missing a few rti(z) files
vcredist
common
just run ap on them and it will download the rtiz files not the rest of them since you already have them.

ohh what? You have duplicate ID's? Are you sure your archive is non-modified?
Sweeper sez:
► Show Spoiler
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

use 6.2.02 it was not seeing the standard rti files.
themadkansan

Post by themadkansan »

TheAPGuy wrote:use 6.2.02 it was not seeing the standard rti files.
From a fresh empty directory with 6202, re-downloaded the patches for .net 32/64, win7 32/64, common mods, and redist:

No packages showing in About->Release Info, just all 'false' in the true/false column.
autopatcherlog.7z
logfile, zipped because overruns max comment length.
(11.77 KiB) Downloaded 491 times
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

There are two thing I like you to look at. First is that Acrobat Reader DC stays black when installed. It should be blue when have the same version as Autopatcher installed. The second is it is not installing the update when I put a check mark next to them. It shows that it is doing the update but it does not. If I go and check they are black. When I install them manually then go and check they are blue like they should be. I am running Autopatcher version 6.2.2 with Windows 10 64 bit installed. If you need anything to help you find and fix it so it work just ask. Thanks
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I know we frown upon editing the logs, but there are a few ocassions it might be ok if done carefully, one is when a message repeats for every file in .\modules -> was found, but not mentioned by any RTI!

This is tmk's log with a careful edit:
► Show Spoiler
HTH :)
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

The AP Guy

Your long shot did not work - unregister/re-register the files listed above made no difference.

Testing results:

Win7 w/SP1 + cumulative KB3125574 64bit > downloaded AutoPatcher-v6_2_02.zip > extracted same to \AutoPatcher folder to run tests. Double clicking Autopatcher.exe does not start the program - no error message, nothing.

Selected AutoPatcher 5.7.56 > Some kind of error: File name or class name not found during Automation operation On File: \Autopatcher\autopatcher.log > OK > Crash Handler Yikes! Where: mdlInitialization.SubMain() Error Code: 0x1B0: File name or class name not found during Automation operation > Show log: Autopatcher v5.7.56 Has Started at 13-Jun-16 14:27:47

Error Detected: File name or class name not found during Automation operationin CommandLine.initCommadline At Line 100 > Quit.

Later

Booted to Win10 Insider Preview Build 14361 64bit > AP6.2.02 folder > Double click AutoPatcher.exe > Windows Defender blocked this app to protect your device (bunch of crap) > Close >

Turned off real-time protection > AutoPatcher.exe > UAC - Yes > Download Updates > All Black except AutoPatcher Engine 6.2.02 (Replaces Apup) in blue > Install Updates > no compatible

items found > Exit.

Stared AutoPatcher 5.7.56 > List of available items included: Microsoft Windows - Updated Components, Microsoft Office Addons, Microsoft Windows Admin, and Windows Addons > Exit

Windows Defender turned back ON.

Later some more

Booted to XP Pro x64 w/SP2 > AP6.2.02 folder > Double click AutoPatcher.exe > I agree twice > Download updates > All Black except AutoPatcher Engine 6.2.02 (Replaces Apup) in blue > Selected items to download > Finished

List of available items: Windows XP x64 & 2003 x64, Microsoft Windows - Updated Components, Microsoft Office Addons, Microsoft Windows Admin, and Windows Addons > Exit

Next day

Booted to Win7 (as above) > double-clicking AutoPatcher.exe has no effect - program does not start - period

Rebooted to Win10 (upgraded 8.1) > AP6.2.02 > Turn OFF Windows Defender - again > AP6.2.02 started > No updates required - items downloaded previously all blue > Next Install updates > List of available items: Windows XP x64 & 2003 x64, Microsoft Windows - Updated Components, Microsoft Office Addons, Microsoft Windows Admin, and Windows Addons > Exit

Things appear to be working OK.

Next day

Booted to Win10 Insider Preview Build 14366 64bit > AP6.2.02 > Turn OFF Windows Defender - again > AP6.2.02 started > Crash Handler Yikes! > Where: APInitialize.PrimaryInit() At Line 142 Error Code: 0x1E1: Invalid Picture > Quit

Later

Booted to XP Pro x64 w/SP2 > AP6.2.02 > Download Updates: Odd - top item = AutoPatcher Engine 6.2.0 (Replaces Apup) shown in RED - but that is the version that is running - why misidentified? > Four other items shown in Red - checked and downloaded > Install updates > Listing shown appears to be correct purposes of these tests.

Final decision

I can't prove it but I have come to the conclusion that the problems occuring in both versions of AutoPatcher are the result of my having installed the cumulative update KB3125574. :(
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

themadkansan Your log shows that you are using 6.2.0 not 6.2.2 It is the first line in your log. I can see why though... The release.list was accidentally overwritten by WAC.

parkd1 wrote:There are two thing I like you to look at. First is that Acrobat Reader DC stays black when installed. It should be blue when have the same version as Autopatcher installed. The second is it is not installing the update when I put a check mark next to them. It shows that it is doing the update but it does not. If I go and check they are black. When I install them manually then go and check they are blue like they should be. I am running Autopatcher version 6.2.2 with Windows 10 64 bit installed. If you need anything to help you find and fix it so it work just ask. Thanks
I think the detection is off for you since you probably have a higher version. I myself have 20045 installed which is higher then 20039 (The one in this script). This update appears black to me because of it. The install when run manually runs fine and doesn't tell you that you already have a version installed. It runs and then quits. When I remove my higher version and then tell AP to install the lower version; it works fine. See if you have a higher version installed.

DesertJerry try adding an exception for AP http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... s-defender
If that allows AP to run with defender on then... I don't know. Defender is supposed to pop up a window for anything it blocks. AP is just flat out NOT getting run at all if it can't make a log file or even complain about an error.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Adding AutoPatcher.exe as an exclusion did not work - tried it with both versions of AutoPatcher I am testing - Every time I started AutoPatcher I got a malware found message from Windows Defender and was told to restart to remove it - which becomes a major pain in the butt to have to do. :evil:
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

What kind of malware is it saying it found? Its weird too because scanning it with my defender and uploading it to online scanners that use defender both return no issues.