Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Autopatcher v6.2

Post by Whatacrock »

Fixed --- Still have these ownership issues with the data/storage drive and it is really getting on my nerves. Not only that but when I close AP the temp_bin is not automatically being deleted, it stays resident and need to wait several minutes before I can manually delete it. Autopatcher is not the only program this happens with. Seriously thinking of going back to one large drive for system/data/storage instead of SSD (boot) and HDD data/storage.
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

That kinda strange... I have SSD for OS/Most Programs and HDD for games/Data/Movies. No issues here. AP should stop erroring out for you when trying to delete temp directory now. It will just leave a silent message in the log.

Been thinking of getting a super cheap throw away ssd to put game on for speed improvement.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Running 6.2.13 still receive the "Yikes" dialog box, attached a screenshot, always occurs when clicking the exit button.
The temp directory is still with me--- I have checked with an unlocker program, the directory is not locked. It would appear that the modulecode.bat file is still held in memory, so not allowing for removal until it is dumped from memory. Got no ideas at all for this issue....

Forgot a log...
► Show Spoiler
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

hmm... it should have caught that instead of erroring out. Perhaps I have the wrong error number. It should be 70 for access denied(hmm might be giving 75). So looking over the new code I copied in from "old code"... Modulecode.bat should not still be running. :( Does the batch file still exist in the directory when the program ends? The batch file "should" be deleted when it finishes running and AP should not be proceeding until that command is completed and the batch file is deleted. :(
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

The batch file still exists in the temp_bin when the program ends. The folder and file are NOT locked by any program so the assumption is that they are held in memory. After a period of the time, they are dumped from memory and then can be safely deleted from the system.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@OOps55 -- No virus files are causing this issue

BTW Welcome to the forum.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

ohh, was that link good? it looked kinda suspicious so I removed the post soon as I saw it.
WAC Can you send me the batch file it leaves? It might tell me why it is still running.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Unable to archive the file to attach. Keep getting access is denied error. I can tell you that the batch files are between 74 bytes and 78 bytes in size.
Tried everything but to no avail.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

huh... that is rather absurd.

edit:
Anyways... I managed to replicate the still giving the yikes on exit and fix that. It won't delete the temp directory still but, It will no longer look like it is crashing.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Try this one WAC. This one should tell you If the batch file is still running when it trys to exit. It shall also allow you to keep hitting retry; which will simply check if the batch file is still running. Cancel will skip the delete attempt.
This will also catch the bad delete attempt and tell you it failed to delete the directory.
Attachments
AutoPatcher.7z
(193.16 KiB) Downloaded 407 times