Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Re: Autopatcher v6.2

Post by Whatacrock »

Solution in Releases Section for Windows Seven x64 and x86..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Ver 6.2.06 is out.

Fixed the run time error
Reverted execution code to old way.
Tidied up a lot of functions. (A ton of functions that guessed its own output on the fly instead of being told it will always output string|integer|boolean. Old stuff. This is the difference from 6.2.05 to 6.2.06. .05 had only one function fixed up. I noticed that there were many others that could potentially cause weirdness and patched them up)
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

I don't see where AP6206 is extracting the rti to, \ap_temp\ is created when AP starts but no rti is present in folder. \ap_temp\ is deleted when AP6206 closes.

Still wonderin' about the inability to uncheck all updates in a list (via the category checkbox) that includes grayed-out items? You have to right-click and select 'unmark'. The category box will select all though. By category I mean Windows 8.1 Critical Updates, Microsoft C++ Redistributables, etc.

Oh, I made a mistake about the Windows Addons title taking you to microsoft.com, it is the MS Redist Title that does this - sorry :oops:
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@ ChrisJ -- have edited the website location in the parent apm (_vcredist.apm) to https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/kb/2977003

Upload, signed and now available...
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

Thanks Wac, some nice info on that page.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

You posted 6.2.06 was out - where - downloads offers 6.2.02
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

DesertJerry wrote:You posted 6.2.06 was out - where - downloads offers 6.2.02
Linky :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=47#p216
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

looks like wac accidentally overwrote the list again. :P I forgive you wac. :)

List updated.

ChrisJ: the AP_temp is for downloads and file execution. While c:\#AutoPatcher_Temp# is uncompressing RTIz files and other short life things. I SHOULD get around to standardizing everything to use AP_temp and falling back to c:\AP_temp should it not be able to use the current drive. The AutoPatcher_Temp is old code from before me. Also another thing I forgot about... I need to remake my todo list instead of keeping track of it in my head.

Just so I get this strait tell me if I forgot something...(most likely I did I am kinda screwed in the head since lack of sleep does that for... a few weeks.)

TODO:
Get Blacklist working again
Get AP_temp and c:\#AutoPatcher_Temp# taken care of
Fix not being able to group uncheck installs
Add an option to NOT show already installed items.
Fix opening options and then hitting ok when in install area.. options screen stays open while the reload of APMS is going on in the background.
Pretty up the download screen
See about putting in a way to detect update install results (They return a few results: Success/Success with errors/Failed/Already installed/Not Applicable.) I didn't find any search results about being able to track install progress though.
Finish .NET code
Switch to C++
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

TheAPGuy wrote:ChrisJ: the AP_temp is for downloads and file execution. While c:\#AutoPatcher_Temp# is uncompressing RTIz files and other short life things. I SHOULD get around to standardizing everything to use AP_temp and falling back to c:\AP_temp should it not be able to use the current drive. The AutoPatcher_Temp is old code from before me. Also another thing I forgot about... I need to remake my todo list instead of keeping track of it in my head.
I apologize for being vague, yes, when I wrote \ap_temp\ it was my way of short-handing \##AutoPatcher_Temp##\. I wasn't referring to \temp_bin\ in AP's root folder. It is hard to type all that and use the Shift key with 7 thumbs.

If I may offer some food for thought since you're contemplating the 'temp' folder. I think the folder outside AP root is the best location for all files (scrap \temp_bin\) - the rti, scripts, zips, everything... it's a neutral location, outside AP root, easy to locate, safe to write to, short path, no if/then/else code, 1 folder, always on the user's boot drive. I'm always copying out files from \temp_bin\ & \ap_temp\ while AP is running so 1 location is simpler, and cleaner IMO.

The name could be shortened - '#' is still helpful for sorting though:
\#AP6x_Temp#\
\#AP_Temp#\
\#AutoPatcher_6x#\
TheAPGuy wrote:Just so I get this strait tell me if I forgot something...(most likely I did I am kinda screwed in the head since lack of sleep does that for... a few weeks.)

TODO:
1) Get Blacklist working again
2) Get AP_temp and c:\#AutoPatcher_Temp# taken care of
3) Fix not being able to group uncheck installs
4) Add an option to NOT show already installed items.
5) Fix opening options and then hitting ok when in install area.. options screen stays open while the reload of APMS is going on in the background.
6) Pretty up the download screen
7) See about putting in a way to detect update install results (They return a few results: Success/Success with errors/Failed/Already installed/Not Applicable.) I didn't find any search results about being able to track install progress though.
8) Finish .NET code
9) Switch to C++
You have your hands full so I'll just say that getting those issues nailed down and working will make AP6x even cooler.
1) Blacklist is a nice feature to have, hope this gets worked out.
2) See my suggestion above.
3) We talked about this a while ago, you were on to a fix, I thought it had to do with gray-out code affecting the list control..?
4) An option to 'hide already installed items' - I like it. I also like the idea of knowing what has already been installed from a release. A clean way of moving an installed update from the 'Install' list to 'Installed' would be cool. A button to open a file (updates.log) or new window, each release listed with their installed updates listed by date installed or alpha-numerically.
5) I never noticed this.
6) Never hurts to clean up the interface :)
7) Consult the update's log possibly...
-> Maybe have AP installed updates create a log in \AP\logs\ -> /log:path (redirect installation logs to \AP\logs\).
-> /ER (extended error reporting).
-> /verbose -- this may make the install go too slow but is supposed to provide a list of installed files.
:idea: I suppose a VM would be best suited to test these update switches :idea:
8) Yuk! I hope the prerequisite stays @ 2.0.
9) Better :)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Fixed the issue with it freaking out on files without extensions the blacklist and arguments files for example. I should give them an extension anyways. Any suggestions?

btw... I think I accidentally fixed blacklist not working in the last release. Its working for me at least. More testing to follow.

Fixed Report not working. Silly comand line parsing error.

Proof in the log:

Code: Select all

Blacklist is present. The following modules were found blacklisted: ADOBEAIR
The following items are flagged as critical:
Microsoft Windows Seven x86 - Critical Updates (WINDOWS_SEVEN_X86_CRITICAL_PARENT)
Combined all Temp directories together to C:\#AutoPatcher_Temp#. The C drive "should" technically always be available to the person running this program.

WAC we will need to make sure your batch files take this into account. We should pass into the batch files the current applications Path. I will work up a mock batch file and PM it to you.