Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by TheAPGuy »

ahh thats why. Sweeper isn't set to use the \bin directory. I have not updated the code for it either since I plan to implement its code in AP and have it activatable via option and/or commandline.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

ViroMan wrote:ahh thats why. Sweeper isn't set to use the \bin directory. I have not updated the code for it either since I plan to implement its code in AP and have it activatable via option and/or commandline.
i'm hoping users get more control over sweeper's functionality, an easier way to set switches, maybe you want to scan one rti, rather than scanning all of them everytime when run. i like that you want to give the user more control over ap, rather than when run the releases list is automatically grabbed first thing. i forgot about my monkeying with a mock sweeper 2.0 layout, not much but it offers the user some control via Options, [strike]Clean[/strike] Scan would be a better label, and Close buttons, just a mockup.

Options - select the switches to use, Scan (clean) - select folder and one or more rti files within folder, Close - exits the app. it is standalone so can be located outside the selected release folder.

maybe ap 6x can get a main startup window, with a nice new logo. on it, apup, ap, sweeper, and about buttons. a basic menu or tool bar, possibly move the about info to a new popup dialog. just some ideas to ruminate over :)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Nice mockup. Would you really rather have an external sweeper instead of an internal one that can be called?

Some kind of intro window is intended later down the line after this slap together of code is mostly working. If you know someone who can create a new logo (hopefully for free) it would be cool. I don't know anyone.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

New release of Autopatcher V6. Comes with a fixed sweeper. This WILL overwrite your previous sweeper if you unzip to an existing directory. This sweeper is configured for this install of AP.

Sweeper Changes:
  • Looks for 7zip in bin directory
  • Properly complains about not being able to find 7zip instead of trying to continue and messing things up (seriously it would have deleted all your downloads belonging to that rtiz if it couldn't unzip it).
Autopatcher Changes:
  • Backup call for detecting windows directory (looks in your registry at path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion)
  • New switches related to calling sweeper. /sweeper and /test. /sweeper has sweeper run after running AP. /test means it will not delete things.
  • SWEEPER WILL WORK NOW. Wow guys... the last versions of Apup (lots of em), actually had a bug where the call to sweeper was improper and so it never ran. Fixed for AP.
  • Proper killing of curl.exe when the application crashes or exits.
  • Proper removal of temp directories. (sweeper kept making AP mad because it would delete the temp directories before AP could)
  • Fixed leading 0 not showing in dates.
  • Changed font in release box to be character size constant. (Each character takes the same space.)
  • Column sorting re-enabled for Name and Language.
  • Columns resize when window resizes.
  • Status bar fixed and enabled. Still has simple text.
Current Autopatcher V6.1.5!
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

I have a receipt for a donation to AutoPatcher from April 2008 - probably was using it many months prior.

One name I remember from a while back is Cristiano Portela - lived in South America - can't remember which city/country right now.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@DesertJerry -- Cristiano lives in Brazil (not sure what city)
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

ViroMan wrote:Nice mockup. Would you really rather have an external sweeper instead of an internal one that can be called?

Some kind of intro window is intended later down the line after this slap together of code is mostly working. If you know someone who can create a new logo (hopefully for free) it would be cool. I don't know anyone.
thanks. i'm fine with sweeper being integrated, makes sense. i'm mostly concerned with giving the user more control over the functionality. i'll keep an eye out. if there's interest & time, seek from members ideas on the logo, a custom typeset of the name (btw, the name, what will it be if sweeper, apup and autopatcher become one app?), a techy cool graphic, both.

re: ap 615b

i like it so far. noticed,

(apup code)
-- when at the 'list of available releases' screen the 'about' button works, you can click 'back' at this point. the 'release info' button throws up a YIKES regardless if you have a release or not. red x wont close the dialog, only 'quit', this also exits ap.
-- after editing list url, clicking 'default' button to reset inputs 'autopatcher.com/...' not 'autopatcher.net/...' list file.
-- sorting really doesnt work very good. cant be reset properly. loading a new list will leave empty blocks of info, and even mix release info. i have 2 rtiz files in the beta folder, an official release of xp sp3 x86 (feb 2014), and only the rtiz of xp sp2 x64 (feb 2014). the first image shows apup code getting confused after a sort, server 2003 in red, listed as enu when its ita. the second image is after restarting ap, it properly identifies both releases - notice the server 2003 info now?
► Show Spoiler
(ap code)
-- when at the 'release info' screen, when the release title is highlighted, there's no longer a blue 'more info' link or 'title' in the 'description' area.

(sweeper 138)
-- i would like to see it open centered, not in the upper left corner. the middle of the screen is where we naturally have our eyes peeled.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I see what you mean about missing data when changing release lists. Strange.

The about release window crashing is because it was allowed to start the parsing code before the releases were even loaded. I will have it disable until the load process is started then it will be enabled.

Default button corrected good find.

Ran out of time for fixing quick sort however a quick glance doesn't show why.

Will post a new version tomorrow if I can fix the sorting issue.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Whatacrock wrote:@DesertJerry -- Cristiano lives in Brazil (not sure what city)
Your comment refreshed my memory - Brazil, state of Rio Grande do Sul - close to Ecuador.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

They asked me to do overtime on an earlier shift today so no programming.