Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by TheAPGuy »

I also will let it be known that this version also has the extra "hide" code enabled in it however, its not complete and may have unpredictable results. It does not hide things per say, it "should" gray out. It won't tell you why though and it does not hide via CPU type yet.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Works nicely but a small comment regarding the "gray out", this could lead to some confusion as users add more releases to their autopatcher. Leave it in your capable hands..no further comment
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Exactly what I thought. That is why I will add the checkbox that enables/disables the gray out.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Next Version: Not Done yet.
Current changes:
~ Fixed a bug that you would not notice unless wildly clicking around the install section. Affected all versions of AP.
~ Fixed missing total download estimation Speed/timer. I honestly didn't even notice it until now and no one said anything... looks like its been missing for a few versions.
+ Sub items of grayed out items will auto gray out even if the detections don't ask for it to do so.
~ Huh you were able to select grayed out items by selecting the ungrayed out parent. Fixed.
Zappy

Post by Zappy »

Hello I encountered a problem with the beta attached the log for you, Thank You great program
Attachments
Autopatcher log.txt
(5.74 KiB) Downloaded 414 times
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

@Zappy -- someone else also had problems with autopatcher (similar errors to yours) and if my memory serves me correctly it was due to spaces and/or special characters in the file path, I may be wrong of course and ViroMan will let us know for certainty..
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Spaces are fine. Special characters are fine as well... to a point. Its the non-english character sets that upset it.

From reading the log it seems your having intermittent connection issues. You at least got the main list however were unable to get anything else.
Return code: 6. Description: Couldn't resolve host. The given remote host was not resolved. <-- DNS issues
Return code: 7. Description: Failed to connect to host. <-- Got IP address from DNS, couldn't contact host
Are you using a proxy? Have you set up your firewall to allow AP? Remember it is a different version of AP so you would have to configure the FW to allow it. Also... try downloading smaller amounts at a time. Even though I have fixed it... you can try and see if that solves anything.
butterfly68za

Post by butterfly68za »

Greetings

Running Win 8.1 Update 1 64bit, Core i3 3240, 8Gig RAM, 2 TB HDD, Desktop

I've tried both Apup latest and Autopatcher v6 Beta.

I get the following error:

What AutoPatcher was trying to do
It appears that the error occured while AutoPatcher was trying to read ini file.
Where: Initilization.dllSelfRegister() At Line 142
Error Code: 0x153: Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

Autopatcher v6.1.10 Has Started at 2014-08-07 07:30:11 PM
Starting Autopatcher From C:\AutoPatcher
Detected OS: English (1033) Microsoft Windows 8.1 Prox64
Current Locale: English / Non-Unicode Default: English
Error Detected: Component 'MSCOMCTL.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid Initilization.dllSelfRegister() At Line 142

I've researched just about every website out there and registered all the *.ocx files in the \bin folder manually. I don't know what else to try.

I don't have any problems running from the Win 7 64bit Notebook.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well the program is supposed to take care of that for you. It seems like you may not be able to register the ocx.

Try this...
  1. Find MSCOMCTL.OCX in your windows install somewhere (I can't tell you where it is for sure since I don't have win8)
  2. Go HERE to find out how to run CMD line if you don't already. It also gives an example of registering and un-registering DLL files. Same thing for this situation.
  3. Un-register MSCOMCTL.OCX in the windows folder.
  4. Re-Register it.
Run apup or AP and see if it works. Also... do a search for *.ocx and tell me where you find the majority of them. If MSCOMCTL.ocx is not with the majority of them then that could be an issue as well.
butterfly68za

Post by butterfly68za »

I did a search for all instances of MSCOMCTL.ocx and found in the following locations on the Win 8 desktop, which I un-registered both:

C:\AutoPatcher\bin\MSCOMCTL.ocx
C:\Windows\SysWOW64\MSCOMCTL.ocx

I did not re-register any of them and proceeded to run AutoPatcher again. AutoPatcher is now running without any errors.
As an exercise I went and re-registered the MSCOMCTL.ocx in the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\ folder and AutoPatcher is still running without any errors.

Thank you for your time and efforts for a very useful Application! :)
Edit:Corrected spelling
Last edited by butterfly68za on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.