Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
parkd1

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by parkd1 »

Could you have it remember the window size when it starts. I would like to have it maxinize.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I know... its rather... intermittent. At least on my side... I wonder if something is weirding out. I can start it up and produce the same steps 4 times and its fine. Just one in a while it does it. :x

Did it stop doing that? I thought it always remembered the window size.
DesertJerry

Post by DesertJerry »

Win7 Ultimate 64bit w/SP1 > AutoPatcher v6.1.6 - downloaded any updates needed > downloaded v6.1.7 and extracted.

AutoPatcher v6.1.7 > new opening screen "Select how you wish to proceed" - new - good idea.

Download Updates selected > List of available releases: APUP 1.4.38 and AutoPatcher Engine 5.7.56 still listed - they are outdated - really should be gone.

Tried 'Release Name" up/down arrow - worked OK. No items selected as none were needed > Exit.

AutoPatcher v6.1.7 > selected "Install Updates" > no apparent issues - list appeared as expected > Exit

Had no other problems - no weirdness. :D
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Soon as I figure out how the layout for the "front window" should look and fix that annoying intermittent bug, I will place it on main and remove apup from the list. I will not have the script remove apup.exe until the next version after that comes out though. Just so people have some sort of backup program in case there are still unknown issues that have not been reported yet.

Next official version will probably have the sweeper completely integrated as well as start placing in the ISO tools to build CD/DVD's. When that's complete, we will switch to the new apm system.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Done further testing with latest Beta -- error no longer occurring..must be me !!

Tested on USB drive and the error occurs every instance I tried....
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

ViroMan wrote:I know... its rather... intermittent. At least on my side... I wonder if something is weirding out. I can start it up and produce the same steps 4 times and its fine. Just one in a while it does it. :x

Did it stop doing that? I thought it always remembered the window size.
It has never remember the window size for me. Even the old apup.exe does it too. Plus this is a fresh install of Windows 7. Last install was 32bit and the new install right is 64bit. It does it on the license screen. Are you going to have it remember the URLs in the options so we do not have to put them in each time? Got this error when clicked on the x.
► Show Spoiler
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Are you sure you are giving it admin rights or are running it as admin?

Ok first... check to see if you can find an ini file. It should be called Autopatcher.ini. That is where it stores the URL, window size, and other things. If you do not have one, that is a problem.

The errors in the first spoiler is due to the way things are getting hidden in autopather... I will add it to my todo list to silence that somehow.

The error in the second spoiler.. I can't explain that atm. Where it says "Download ERROR: Queue Remove = 2 . Queue Count = 0" is some old error code I put in when I was getting apup crappy code into shape and came across an error where things were not getting added/removed to/from the download queue properly. Still I think it could be a case of not having admin rights since it said up above access denied at the point where it is supposed to delete a temporary file.

I see it downloaded the release list 3 times as well.. is that you testing the columns for weirdness on list reload?
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

I always run it with admin rights plus I am the only user so it should be admin right. Yes I do have the Autopatcher.ini. Is it not saving something to the file. If you want I can post the file so you can take a look at it.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

yes please do.

it should look like mine.

► Show Spoiler
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

experimenting with ap 617 over the last few days i'm having some of the same issues as mentioned already.

start 617, eula1, eula2, main screen loads, click download updates - list of available releases, simply wait about 10 or 12 seconds, ap automagically begins verifying release (notice hard drive activity), then opens list of available items. beyond the first run ap doesnt seem to need to verify the release again (no hard drive activity) but after 10 or so seconds, like clockwork, ap will move from apup window to ap window all by its lonesome - this has been consistant for me, does it every time.

there is something off with ap 617 and screen positioning when at fullscreen. when i fullscreen ap (19320,15030) then close, upon reopening ap cant determine 0,0 - ap will be off (in pixels) by 15 or so @Y. the ap statusbar is hidden behind xp's taskbar. if i reduce ap by about 1 inch all around (17955,13740), close and reopen - it seems to open fine in terms of size but the position is slightly off mostly @Y but a bit @X too. it appears to be a position (centering) thing not necessarily size, this is my guess, and for the most part, its slight. ap will allow a user to determine size but will override any position in favor of centering.