Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
Pendraguin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by Pendraguin »

I also got the "File not found" error when clicking any of the "More Info" links on the Install screen:

Code: Select all

What AutoPatcher was trying to do
It appears that the error occured while AutoPatcher was trying to execute an external command or program.

Where: GeneralFunctions.RunCommand() At Line 104
Error Code: 0x35: File not found
From the Show Log screen:
► Show Spoiler
(I pasted the error info from the last selected update, but it did this for any that I tried.)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Pendraguin wrote: Where: mdlReleaseIntegrity.indexRTIFiles() At Line 132
Error Code: 0x35: File not found[/code]
tyrying?? :lol:
This is where it is looking for an rti file to load into an object. I didn't put a safety in there for "file not found". Really though it should not have an issue there since that file would have been just created. I will look around.
Pendraguin wrote: From the Show Log screen:
► Show Spoiler
This is fine... it deletes the unziped rti's after loading them. However the one you crashed on is not shown. What scripts did you have to load?
Pendraguin wrote: As per parkd1's suggestion with the previous error, I hit the X button to close the error, and AP continued.
This will often get you past the error but, continued normal operation is usually unlikely.
Pendraguin wrote: I proceeded to install the updates, clicked FINISH, then got another YIKES error message:
What AutoPatcher was trying to do
It appears that the error occurred while AutoPatcher was trying to clean up the temporary folders.

Where: frmMain.Form_Unload() At Line 104
Error Code: 0x46: Permission denied
This can happen if something is still using the temp directory. For example you may have that window open or a command is still running from there. I have no known way of telling when its free to delete something. what I can do is catch the error and make it silent.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

TheAPGuy wrote: This is fine... it deletes the unziped rti's after loading them. However the one you crashed on is not shown. What scripts did you have to load?
The only script I'm selecting is Windows 7 SP1 (x86). Trying to keep things simple for now.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Ok, it looks like the permission denied error was from this file: _seven_x86_sp1.rtiz

I deleted it then re-ran AP, and did not get the error *when closing AP*. I still got the other errors though.
older-than-dirt

Post by older-than-dirt »

Let me start with that I appreciate AP, however this is a day that I've been sort of dreading.. I don't even know where to begin.. Okay, originally I used APUP in a XP VM and ran it from a shared folder under VMWare Workstation (11.1). File permissions have always been an issue, but in the past I always managed to get APUP working. Now with the combined Autopatcher, 6.1.32 everything no longer works in my dev environment.

I can't get AP 6.1.32 to update files in the XP VM. When it tries to download files, I get a unable to run command in ...\apup_bin\curl.exe. So I duplicated the bin directory into a apup_bin directory. Then I got some error about "TheOne...\files" not found.

I tried 6.1.39 and can't even get that to run.

Okay. I switched over over to a Win 7 VM using same shared folders and when I try to update files, I get "0 of 0 files" and then AP pegs the CPU for about 15 minutes and then fails with "One or more files failed verification"

I know I should try to get log files, but I'm just so frustrated at this point. APUP is no longer supported so I can't go back to that, so I think I'm going to give up for a while...and take a break.

Thanks for all of the work, I do appreciate it, but AP is just going in a direction that I can't seem to get working in my virtual environments anymore and I don't run anything on my host machines except the OS, drivers and Workstation. Maybe at some point I will get back to trying this, but not for while...

OTD
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

"...\apup_bin\curl.exe" that is some stuff in the scripts. :( from when apup was still being supported. Since the big switch off to AP they were supposed to be edited to just "bin\curl.exe" I may have forgotten to inform WAC about that during the time. That will only effect the removal of older updates though since, he uses the batch file to clean up things with instead of cluttering up the script with more entries.

Can't get 6.1.39 to run? Won't start up?
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Have edited all the affected scripts to point to the bin directory instead of apup_bin. At this point would it be better to delete apup_bin in the ap engine script, save a little space and stop the confusion...
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

That a doable idea.
val__

Post by val__ »

I just reverted back to 6.1.38, because 6.1.39 was crashing all the time when checking (any) release and pressing "Next". Program itself starts w/o problems. Sorry, didn't saved crash logs.
6.1.38 looks stable enough for now and I was able to download all release updates.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Ok so I said screw it to messing with the scripts. Anyways... I fixed up the execute function to include searches for "call" "ren" "del" "copy" and "move" to go to console execution. However it is recommended to start using the already included AP functions instead of the console commands as the functions will give feedback on errors while the consoles commands will not.

The following is a list of script functions supported (they should be easy to figure out what they do):
"FILERENAME", "RENAMEFILE"
"FILEMOVE", "MOVEFILE"
"FILECOPY", "COPYFILE"
"FOLDERRENAME", "RENAMEFOLDER"
"FOLDERMOVE", "MOVEFOLDER"
"FOLDERCOPY", "COPYFOLDER"
"FILEDELETE", "DELETEFILE"
"FOLDERDELETE", "DELETEFOLDER"
"UNZIP", "UNZIPFILE", "FILEUNZIP"
"DOWNLOAD" <-- this one is new and supported in this latest version and up. For you WAC! replace curl command with this eventually. NOT YET THOUGH! (I want to test a bit more.) you can do it in a test script though.

The functions that require two inputs need the inputs to be separated with a "|" character. Example PREACTION=FOLDERMOVE autopatcher:\modules | autopatcher:\Mymodules
Download is the exception to this. it requires "::" in between the inputs. Example PREACTION=download http://www.autopatcher.net/gold :: c:\MyWallet <-- notice I didn't need caps to use download function. It just makes it easier to notice commands if you write them in all caps. Same with preaction it doesn't need to be all caps. it could be pReacTioN and still work.

hmm... I remember there was a reason you said you didn't like the functions though... or was it dom that said that...

Uploading latest version in a min.
copy paste from other thread so others may find the scripts commands easier.

new version is up.