Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by TheAPGuy »

OK... so this version has
- new detection compares KO'd and returned to the previous revision.
- Executables and MSU' seems to work now thanks to Pendragon's bread crumbs. Will now scan for " '.exe' and '.com' " in the execution string and start it as an app if this is the case, otherwise treat it as a console command.
I think I forgot to do something for this release... leme think about it a bit.

Well I am tired so, the latest release on the first page. V.39
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Tested the newest autopatcher 6.1.39, it appears something has broken. Each time I tried to download a release in which contains deletes I receive a YIKES error.
Message in YIKES box GeneralFunctions.RunCommand() at line 104
Error Code: 0 x 35: File Not Found

Tested on the Following releases and received the same error: Adobe Acrobat Reader, Adobe AIR; Java x64 and x86 and list goes on..

For the time being reverting back to 6.1.32
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Yay! It's not just me then lol. I only tried with Win 7 x86 but got the same error when trying AP 6.1.39.

Here's the last part of the log:

Code: Select all

Error Detected: File not found in RunCommand At Line 104
Attempted Commandline: call "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\apup_bin\curl.exe" -o "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\temp_bin\TheONE_Seven_x86.7z" http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/seven/TheOne_Seven_x86_20151020.7z
I even downloaded TheOne_Seven_x86_20151020.7z, put it in the temp_bin folder, & renamed it TheOne_Seven_x86.7z, but still got the "File not found" error.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

Update: I skipped the Download section and went straight to Install. The Critical & Non-Critical updates seemed to install without any issues. (I copied the Modules folder that I had downloaded using 6.1.38)

So the crashes when installing .msu files in 6.1.38 seems fixed in 6.1.39, but introduced a new bug that the prior version did not have. Hm, can we have version 6.1.38.5? :lol:
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Ok try this. This is just a work around it there is a fix. When you get a YIKES error just keep clicking on the red x close button and you will be able to go on the the next step. Works for me. Just give it a try.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

That was a good idea, thanks! I had to hit the X close button twice, then AP proceeded as normal.

Here is the log from that part:

The Following Releases have been Picked:
seven/autopatcher_seven_x86_sp1_20151021.script

***Running Any Pre-Cleanup Routines***

Calculating Download Average
Download queue processed. Proceeding to next phase.
Executing shell command: ren "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\modules\Windows_Seven_x86\Critical\Critical_files\E11-Windows6.1-KB3003057-x86.msu" IE11-Windows6.1-KB3003057-x86.msu
trying to execute an external command or program.
Executing shell command: call "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\apup_bin\curl.exe" -o "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\temp_bin\TheONE_Seven_x86.7z" http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/seven/TheOne_Seven_x86_20151020.7z
Attempted Commandline: call "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\apup_bin\curl.exe" -o "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\temp_bin\TheONE_Seven_x86.7z" http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/seven/TheOne_Seven_x86_20151020.7z
Executing shell command: call "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\apup_bin\7za.exe" x -y -o"C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\temp_bin\" "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\temp_bin\TheONE_Seven_x86.7z"
Attempted Commandline: call "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\apup_bin\7za.exe" x -y -o"C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\temp_bin\" "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\temp_bin\TheONE_Seven_x86.7z"
Executing shell command: call "C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\temp_bin\TheOneW7x86.bat"

***Starting Detection Routine Phase***

Missing file C:\AutoPatcher-v6_1_39\seven_x86_sp1.rtiz
--Adding http://www.autopatcher.net/releases/seven/seven_x86_sp1_20151021.rtiz--
OK I think I see the problem, kinda. The folder is just bin not apup_bin. So I made a copy of bin and named it apup_bin, ran AP again - and got the exact same error! Sooo maybe I don't see the problem, after all. :?
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

I ran both those commands from a command prompt, and they worked fine - but not when AP calls them. What gives?
(I had to create the temp_bin folder first, as this goes away when AP is closed.)
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

That is impossible! A code search gives no results for apup_bin. Yet I see it in your post!?
Got it...

PreAction=call "autopatcher:\apup_bin\7za.exe" x -y -o"autopatcher:\temp_bin\" "autopatcher:\temp_bin\TheONE_Seven_x86.7z"
This is found in the script itself.

WAC: This means the delete commands are not being issued. That is why I had extra files that one time I posted about them. I need to create a preaction command for you to download things in preaction that is safer. So for example when I get around to cutting out curl or it changes directories (not going to happen) you don't have to change things.

AP was silent error'ing out on these, but the new way will throw errors.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Ah OK, was wondering why I also ended up with stray files even though they were listed in the control txt file.

This occurred in my backup copy as was testing in the VM's but left my main Autopatcher on version 6.1.32
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

I have some more fun to add about AP 6.1.39. :mrgreen:

In addition to the YIKES error on the Download screen (which we discussed above), after "Loading modules... done", I got another YIKES error:

What AutoPatcher was trying to do
It appears that the error occured while AutoPatcher was tyrying to start index process.

Where: mdlReleaseIntegrity.indexRTIFiles() At Line 132
Error Code: 0x35: File not found
tyrying?? :lol:

From the Show Log screen:
► Show Spoiler
As per parkd1's suggestion with the previous error, I hit the X button to close the error, and AP continued.

AP showed Official Release.

I proceeded to install the updates, clicked FINISH, then got another YIKES error message:

What AutoPatcher was trying to do
It appears that the error occured while AutoPatcher was trying to clean up the temporary folders.

Where: frmMain.Form_Unload() At Line 104
Error Code: 0x46: Permission denied
From the Show Log screen:
► Show Spoiler
I have tried this several times, with reboots in between, but keep getting these errors. I even ran autopatcher.exe as Admin (via right-click) instead of from a .bat file, and got the same errors.