Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
ChrisJ

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by ChrisJ »

parkd1 wrote:This happen after I deleted everything but the modules folder.
You mentioned this before, I don't know what you mean - what did you delete, and why? You need to have a complete official release!!!

If you deleted things like the \bin folder this might also be the reason for your runtime error???
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Right but did cause I updated to a new version and then got the error. Thought delelting all but modules folder would help get rid of the error.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

parkd1 wrote:Right but did cause I updated to a new version and then got the error. Thought delelting all but modules folder would help get rid of the error.
A few things to keep in mind when updating. ViroMan will instruct you to start fresh when needed, this means you replace all the AutoPatcher files and folders - save your \modules folder though. But, most of the time he wants you only to update a single exe file like AutoPatcher-B.exe - no need to delete anything else unless instructed to. It is a good idea to rename the old exe rather than overwrite it, something like - autoPatcher-B.exe.old1, AutoPatcher-B.exe.old2, this way you have the old version handy if the new one causes more trouble.

Still don't know what exactly you deleted though, you may need to redownload a full zip, get the base folders back in working order then grab the updated AutoPatcher.exe file?
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

This might help with the runtime error. When remember selections and show hidden items are checked I seem to get the error.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

parkd1 wrote:This might help with the runtime error. When remember selections and show hidden items are checked I seem to get the error.
OK, this is a function of the downloading element of AutoPatcher, the old APUP code - I get the same error when both are selected. Remember Selections is nice to have but Show Hidden Items, I would not use this.

Try this for now.

In the AutoPatcher folder - rename autopatcher.ini to autopatcher.ini.old - agree to make changes - get out of the folder.
Run AutoPatcher, this will create a new ini file. In Options, only check Remember Seletions for now untill a fix is in place.

I tried to manually edit the ini to true for show hidden items, it's not sticking, I think the problem is there in the code but I'm not sure.
Last edited by ChrisJ on Wed Sep 24, 2014 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

ChrisJ wrote:
parkd1 wrote:This might help with the runtime error. When remember selections and show hidden items are checked I seem to get the error.
OK, this is a function of the downloading element of AutoPatcher, the old APUP code - I get the same error when both are selected. Remember Selections is nice to have but Show Hidden Items, I would not use this.
Bete 15 seems to be really good I seem to get more pop up error I have to click the X to get rid of. I will to see if the runtime error gets fix. Right now I do not have them check and it works fine.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

parkd1 wrote:Bete 15 seems to be really good I seem to get more pop up error I have to click the X to get rid of. I will to see if the runtime error gets fix. Right now I do not have them check and it works fine.
OK, I'm using v6113 and I get the runtime error even when using remember seletions only, despite which option tab I use - both settings seem to be broken regardless. I would edit the ini back to default settings for now ---

RememberSelections=0
ShowHidden=False
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

ChrisJ wrote:
parkd1 wrote:Bete 15 seems to be really good I seem to get more pop up error I have to click the X to get rid of. I will to see if the runtime error gets fix. Right now I do not have them check and it works fine.
OK, I'm using v6113 and I get the runtime error even when using remember seletions only, despite which option tab I use - both settings seem to be broken regardless. I would edit the ini back to default settings for now ---

RememberSelections=0
ShowHidden=False
I beta 13 was when I first started to see the error too.
parkd1

Post by parkd1 »

Thanks ChrisJ For all the help. You should update to 6.1.15 and give that a try. Now to wait ViroMan to see what he says and the next beta version. Again thanks alot and good to see you back.
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

parkd1 wrote:Thanks ChrisJ For all the help. You should update to 6.1.15 and give that a try. Now to wait ViroMan to see what he says and the next beta version. Again thanks alot and good to see you back.
I have 3 exe files in \AutoPatcher, v6115 is the one I'm running now. I renamed 6113 & 6114 - Autopatcher-B.exe.v6113 & Autopatcher-B.exe.v6114. I have only XP Tweaks just to allow AP to load something, yes it's greyed out.

All 3 versions have issues with the options settings (atleast for me), all gave me the runtime error when any option was selected from any location, even editing the ini by hand. Hitting default in options caused all 3 to lockup, as well left both temp folders behind - temp_bin & autopatcher_temp. Fixing the ini by hand or deleting it and re-running AP seems to fix the issue with the runtime error and upon closing deletes the temp folders - minus having any options of course.

I would use a default ini file and avoid the options settings for now, not sure what else to do.

I'm running Windows 8.1 x64