Autopatcher v6.2

In this area, you will find test programs and scripts.
Pendraguin

Re: Autopatcher v6.1 beta

Post by Pendraguin »

Just ran the newest version - 6.1.40. So far, so good - did not get any errors. Will expand my testing beyond just the Win 7 SP1 x86 Critical Updates. :-)
ChrisJ

Post by ChrisJ »

for those interested :)

... AutoPatcher-v6_1_40.7z
MD5: 36634E74621A7078DA711006CC878C52 :: SHA1: D81AC0F6CB570B2A8FE10D74AC1F3F16A7283D96
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

The following is a list of script functions supported (they should be easy to figure out what they do):
"FILERENAME", "RENAMEFILE"
"FILEMOVE", "MOVEFILE"
"FILECOPY", "COPYFILE"
"FOLDERRENAME", "RENAMEFOLDER"
"FOLDERMOVE", "MOVEFOLDER"
"FOLDERCOPY", "COPYFOLDER"
"FILEDELETE", "DELETEFILE"
"FOLDERDELETE", "DELETEFOLDER"
"UNZIP", "UNZIPFILE", "FILEUNZIP"
"DOWNLOAD" <-- this one is new and supported in this latest version and up. For you WAC! replace curl command with this eventually. NOT YET THOUGH! (I want to test a bit more.) you can do it in a test script though.

The functions that require two inputs need the inputs to be separated with a "|" character. Example PREACTION=FOLDERMOVE autopatcher:\modules | autopatcher:\Mymodules
Download is the exception to this. it requires "::" in between the inputs. Example PREACTION=download http://www.autopatcher.net/gold :: c:\MyWallet <-- notice I didn't need caps to use download function. It just makes it easier to notice commands if you write them in all caps. Same with preaction it doesn't need to be all caps. it could be pReacTioN and still work.
Firstly why does it feel we are heading back into the Jurassic Era using the AP functions, it was me that preferred using DOS as the functions were at first confusing and a pain in the rear end changing between uppercase and lowercase.
There are some of those functions which would no longer apply as the directory structure has changed, no longer using individual folders for each update. These being COPYFOLDER, MOVEFOLDER....
•V40
•Added something for WAC
Do not get it !!!!! All I see is another lot of editing to the scripts(again)

My 2 bobs worth !!!!!!!!!

As far as version 40 goes all updates are displayed correctly, a move forward...
"Now if you Sons of B*@ches got anything else to say, NOW'S THE F@#%ING TIME!!"
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

wait... you didn't want the download option? I thought it would be nice and easy for you.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

The download option would be fine, just not a happy camper at the moment... everything that can go wrong has done just that...

Have edited the PreActions to AP functions, just waiting for another system to complete using the flash drive and then will upload. Lucky that I changed the PreAction sections in the Office 2007 and dotNET to batch files..
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

Well just remember I am not going to force you to use the AP functions. It is just that they are capable of giving responses if something goes wrong while the dos commands will not.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

Understood....

FYI 7Zip has been upgraded to version 15.12.. http://7-zip.org/a/7z1512.exe
TheAPGuy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by TheAPGuy »

I will update the archives to use the new one. It won't make any difference though since we are talking about small files and not many operations.
Pendraguin

Post by Pendraguin »

AP 6.1.40
OS = Win 7 SP1 x86

I started putting AP through its paces by installing all the updates & programs that I could. :mrgreen: I posted issues specific to those installs in their respective threads.

When I click on the "More Info" link for any update or program, I get the following YIKES error:

Code: Select all

What AutoPatcher was trying to do
It appears that the error occurred while AutoPatcher was trying to execute an external command or program.

Where: GeneralFunctions.RunCommand() At Line 104
Error Code: 0x35: File not found
Some examples from the AP log:
► Show Spoiler
I also tried to uninstall programs using the MARKED FOR REMOVALoption, but I got the YIKES error for most programs that I selected. Examples: 7Zip, Adobe something, PeaZip, Who is on my Wifi

Code: Select all

Error Detected: File not found in RunCommand At Line 104
Attempted Commandline: C:\Windows\system32\Adobe\uninstaller.exe /S
The removal bit isn't terribly important to me, but since it's a feature, I thought I should point this out.
Whatacrock
Release Maintainer
Release Maintainer

Post by Whatacrock »

I also have done some testing and noticed a few anomalies, foremost that when installing updates the progress bar does NOT function (especially on larger files --- remains at zero until file is completed then displays Finished). If there are multiple smaller updates then the progress bar remains at about 97% then flashes it is finished moving on to the next update.

There seems some issues regarding Adobe Flash Players -- select and click install, goes immediately to Finished, the updates however are NOT installed..

SO once again I am reverting BACK to 6.1.32 until such a time that later versions perform as expected.